Vermont June 04, 2017
15 Weird Side Effects Everyone Experiences From Growing Up In Vermont
The best thing about Vermont is the people, and there are certainly a few things that come along with growing up in the Green Mountain State. Along with growing up with a proud sense of community, surroundings that are picture perfect and adventure around every turn, there are also a few side effects that we all experience, and these side effects just add more charm to the already excellent people who live here. Let’s take a look at a few, shall we?
1. No matter where you go, you'll always call ice cream a creemee.
But let's face it, they will always taste better here, too.
2. You'll always detest mud season.
It's messy and practically impossible to drive around, but it's a small price to pay for the rest of the year.
3. You'll always prefer to shop at your local general store.
Why go to the big box chains when the mom & pop shop down the street has everything you need?
4. You're addicted to maple syrup.
All grades, all day. What ever it is, bring on the maple syrup!
5. You have a bit of a superior attitude.
It's not our fault. We're just a little more awesome than everyone else. Is that wrong?
6. You're always keeping an eye out for deer and moose.
It's like a sixth sense....
7. Your heart skips a beat when there's more than 5 cars at a stop sign.
Traffic? What the heck?! A sense of panic, wonder and frustration may set in.
8. You can drive at night with only your headlights to light the way.
You don't find too many street lights on country roads in Vermont.
9. You're prepared for anything, anywhere.
Need a change of clothes? Jumper cables? A band-aid? A Vermonter probably has it.
10. You've got a tool for that.
Whatever "that" is, you can probably fix it with the multi purpose gadget in your pocket.
11. You give directions by landmarks and time.
"Turn left at the rusty old barn and go for about 10 minutes."
12. You're not afraid to drive in a little snow.
Otherwise, you'd never leave the house for six months of the year.
13. You seek out the best mac & cheese places.
Whether it's restaurants, recipes or general stores, you know who has the best.
14. You don't resent the cold.
In fact, it's part of why Vermont is incredible. Freezing temps? Bring 'em on!
15. You're naturally a hard worker.
As they say, it takes a village. Everyone here does their part.
How many of these can you relate to? Can you answer these
13 questions that show you grew up in Vermont?