Vermont February 24, 2017
by Kristin Grimes 15 Things No Self-Respecting Vermonter Would Ever Do
There are things you do, things you don’t, and things that Vermonters simply
would never do. To us, they are simply common sense, but people outside of the 802 just may not understand. Here are a few things that are simply not done. Ever.
1. Complain about the cold.
We can handle it.
2. Use fake syrup.
3. Drink domestic beer.
We have some world class beers made right here in Vermont. Why would we want anything else?
4. Wear impractical footware.
Warm feet in winter is one of the keys to survival here.
5. Throw recyclables into the trash.
We have a great respect for the environment, and so should everyone else.
6. Use individually wrapped cheese.
Is it even real cheese?
7. Pay someone else to stack our firewood.
We know how to do it right!
8. Plan around spring weather.
Spring weather can be unpredictable at best. Just because the flowers are blooming, don't put your shovels away just yet!
9. Wash your car during mud season.
Seriously, what's the point?
10. Disregard the need for winter tires.
If you plan to get anywhere during the winter, stud up.
11. We'd never refer to ourselves as "leaf peepers."
We're locals and proud of it.
12. Order a soft serve ice cream.
Either call it a creemee or don't call it anything at all.
13. Leave unsecured trash bags outside.
If this happens, you sort of asked for it.
14. Honk your car horn.
It's an unspoken rule.
15. Expect school to be cancelled due to a storm.
It rarely, if ever, happens.
For more VT fun, here are
21 reasons why people from Vermont are the best kind of people.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.