Vermont July 13, 2017
These 13 Ice Cream Shops In Vermont Will Make Your Sweet Tooth Go Crazy
I scream, you scream, we all scream for these 13 ice cream shops in Vermont! Whether you like hard ice cream, soft serve or a classic maple creemee, these places are sure to delight everyone in the family. Go ahead, make some summer memories!
1. Island Homemade Ice Cream - 64 West Shore Road, Grand Isle
For three generations the Michaud family has been running the farm which produces the fresh milk that goes into these delicious cones. You'll simply love the ice cream made here!
2. Lake Champlain Chocolates - 750 Pine Street, Burlington
If you think Lake Champlain is only truffles and candy, think again. Some say their ice cream is the best in the world.
3. Ben & Jerry's - 1281 Waterbury Stowe Road, Waterbury
Ok, it might be a little cliche, but a cone at the Ben & Jerry's factory is a bucket list item for sure. If it's not on your personal bucket list, we guarantee your out of state friends will want to do it!
4. Creemee Stand - 716 Rt 100, Wilmington
There is nothing quite like a creemee on a hot day, and the Creemee Stand sure delivers. The flavors, quality and pricing make this a must when in the area.
5. The Blueberry Haus - 809 Guilford Center Road, Guilford
Step on up and order one of the many delicious flavors of home-made ice cream at the Blueberry Haus. You'll find both traditional and unique offerings with descriptions of each one to help you decide.
6. Mountain Creamery - 33 Central Street, Woodstock
You'll flip over the small batch ice cream here. We have to give a special shout out to the maple though - it's out of this world!
7. Otto’s at Cones Point - 3816 Rt 30 S, Poultney
You're sure to get some great food at Otto's, but save room for their maple-vanilla ice-cream which is superb.
8. Lu Lu Ice Cream - 11 Main Street, Bristol
From traditional flavors to exotic, the ice cream at Lu Lu's will make your taste buds jump off your tongue. Our favorite here is the Panther Pride which is mascarpone, black currant and graham cracker. It tastes just like cheesecake!
9. The Sweet Spot - 40 Bridge Street, Waitsfield
This place lives up to its name as the ice cream is perfectly sweet. The Carmel ice cream is simply perfection in a cone.
10. Bragg Farm Sugar House & Gift Shop - 1005 Vt Rte 14 N, East Montpelier
When a place is known for maple syrup, you better believe their maple creemees are to die for. Yum!
11. Milk House Ice Cream - 292 Portland Street, St. Johnsbury
When an ice cream shop is decorated in cow spots, you simply have to pull over and try it. Along with the scoops and creemees, the milkshakes are great here.
12. Tim & Dougs Ice Cream - 54 Coventry Street, Newport
Along with great taste, the prices are incredible! Bring the whole family for a treat next time you're in Newport.
13. Kingdom Creamery of Vermont - 3411 VT Rte 16, East Hardwick
For three generations the Michaud family has been running the farm which produces the fresh milk that goes into these delicious cones. You'll be able to taste the love!
Before you spoil dinner with ice cream, these
11 roadside restaurants in Vermont are perfect for a summer day!