The Hike To This Little-Known Vermont Waterfall Is Short And Sweet
There’s nothing like wandering through the woods and suddenly hearing that telltale rush of water in the distance. Waterfalls are some of nature’s most splendid masterpieces, and this tucked-away cascade is a true gem. Let’s take a closer look at this easy waterfall hike in Vermont and what makes it so remarkable; oh, and did we mention it leads to Buttermilk Falls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Vermont? Yep. So put on those hiking boots and let’s go!
Notice: As of July 10, 2023, this trail is closed temporarily due to flooding. Keep an eye on the official AllTrails page to look for its re-opening soon.
Check out this beautiful, relaxing video to see what to expect from this amazing place:
Finding and visiting waterfalls are some of the best things to do outside in Vermont. You can learn more about hiking to Buttermilk Falls by checking out the trail’s AllTrails page. Keep reading for some more of the most beautiful and accessible waterfalls in Vermont. What are your picks for the best waterfalls in Vermont? Let us know by leaving a comment!
And, hey, if you’re interested in enhancing your hiking game before you embark upon this one, check out all the goodies offered up by AllTrails+.
More to Explore
Buttermilk Falls VT
What are the most beautiful beaches in Vermont?
We may not have ocean access, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have any beaches. In fact, we have some wonderfully pristine and gorgeous sandy beaches throughout the state.
- For a quick overview, we recommend the Sandbar State Park in Milton, Leddy Park in Burlington, and Thayer Beach in Colchester to get started. Have fun exploring!
- Check out Vermont’s best beaches to see for yourself.
What are the best road trips in Vermont?
- This is a good starting place. Here are a few phenomenal road trip options for you in Vermont. If you are looking for the best mini road trip in Vermont, this two-hour drive through the Notch of Mt. Mansfield along Vermont Route 108 from Stowe to Jeffersonville is perfect, and it may just be the most beautiful drive in all of Vermont. Happy road trippin’!
Where are the best swimming holes in Vermont?
Vermont has so many hidden swimming holes nestled sweetly all over the state.
- For starters, Bingham Falls is a great spot for an all-around swimming hole. With natural pools, cliff jumping, and waterfalls, what else could you want in a swimming hole?
- Another great place is Bristol Falls in Bristol. Here, you will find a refreshing and fun place to cool off from the summer heat. You’ll find deep pools, a waterfall, and several natural pools to explore.
- For more amazing swimming holes in Vermont, have a look at this article on 11 outstanding swimming holes in Vermont.