Vermont June 07, 2017
17 Awkward Moments Every Vermonter Has Endured At Least Once
Living in Vermont can be bliss, but there are always those moments that are, well… Awkward! Here are some of the more awkward moments that everyone in VT can surely relate to. How many have you experienced?
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now:
1. When you end up in the local paper for the wrong reasons.
Only In Your State/Kristin Grimes
The police blotter is often more effective than a gossip column.
2. When someone announces they don't like cheese.
Wait, WHAT!? How can that be?
3. Seeing holiday decorations while on vacation.
Nothing looks quite as out of place than Christmas lights on a palm tree.
4. When someone offers you fake maple syrup with your pancakes.
Naturally, this would never happen while IN Vermont.
5. When someone asks you to share your secret fishing spot.
We keep our friends close, and our fishing spots closer.
6. When you order a creemee out of state.
They will never, ever, know what you mean. Period.
7. You never seem to be dressed appropriately.
Whether changes in an instant and what can start as a leisure stroll can often end up in a muddy mess.
8. When you're invited to something fancy but realize that your closet is full of practical clothing.
If they invited us snowshoeing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, biking, or out for any kind of athletic activity, we'd be faced with too many choices. Oh, the irony!
9. When you realize that you complain about the cold all winter and then complain about the heat on the first hot day.
Oh well. It happens.
10. That moment when someone beeps their car horn at you.
It better be a BIG emergency if you're gonna use that thing.
11. When you offer help and people respond with a blank stare.
Um, we're just trying to be helpful. Sorry that it confused you. It's how we roll.
12. When someone asks you your home phone area code.
13. When you hike all the way to the top for some solitude and realize that other people had the same idea.
Hey, this was supposed to be MY place today!
14. Your reaction when you say you’re from Vermont and they ask "What country that’s in?"
What do people learn in school?
15. That moment at a 4 way stop when everyone tries to let the other people go first.
And everyone ends up going, then stopping, then waving the other person on, then giving the thank you wave, then going, then stopping....
16. Leaving Vermont during mud season and getting out of your car surrounded by shiny vehicles.
They don't know the pain....
17. When someone asks you if they should move to Vermont.
Sorry, we're full. Best of luck though!
Can’t relate to these things (but kind of want to)? Check out these
17 things you need to know about dating someone from Vermont.