Utah January 28, 2018
These 11 Scenes Will Remind You Why Utah’s Winters Aren’t So Bad
Utah winters might be cold and gloomy, but it’s not all bad. Here are 11 scenes that might cheer you up and remind you why our winters aren’t so bad.
1. Finding unique things to do at Utah's ski resorts.
How about a sleigh ride? Snowed Inn Sleigh Company will tuck you into a sleigh and take you on a snowy journey up the mountain.
2. Soaking in a hot spring-heated pool
There's nothing like soaking in a 120-degree pool while the snow falls all around you.
3. Visiting Bryce Canyon National Park after a snowstorm
Bryce Canyon is stunning year-round, but it's even more majestic in the snow (and also less crowded).
9. Flying down the hill on a tube, then riding back up to the top and doing it again.
The winter snow doesn't seem so bad when you're playing in it.
5. Enjoying this view on the mountain.
Utah's ski resorts have killer views from the top, and this scene at Snowbird is no exception.
6. Feeling snuggly and warm when it's cold and dark outside
Doesn't Deer Valley look cozy from this view?
7. Skating at the Gallivan Center
Grab your closest dozen friends and spend some time on the rink.
8. Hiking in Utah's snowy wilderness
We have so many trails that are perfect for winter hiking and snowshoeing - get off the couch and go!
9. Hanging out in a ski town
Spend some time in one of Utah's ski towns - the snowy landscape is beautiful.
10. Checking out frozen waterfalls all across the state
This one is Lower Emerald Pools at Zion National Park.
11. Appreciating Utah's winter sunrises and sunsets
Grab your camera - there's plenty of Utah winter beauty to capture.
What’s your favorite thing to do in Utah during the winter?
On snowy days, these are our 10 favorite things to do.