This 3000-Mile River Road Is One Of The Most Scenic Drives In The U.S.
The Great River Road has been called the most beautiful drive in America, and it’s easy to see why. Passing through 10 states and an endless variety of natural beauty, this is one American road trip that everyone should take during their lifetime. Keep scrolling to find out more about one of the best scenic drives in the U.S.
Visit the official Great River Road website to find out more about this great American road trip, and be sure to check out all the remarkable attractions along the Great River Road route in order to plan your road trip. You’ll want to allow ample time for exploring whichever ones you wish to visit. Don’t forget to pack plenty of road trip snacks!
For another of the best scenic drives in the U.S., take a look at how you can drive the country’s longest highway! And for a gorgeous scenic drive in Nevada, take a peek at this video:
More to Explore
Best Scenic Drives in the U.S. & Related Info
What are some of the best scenic drives in the U.S.?
America is a country of explorers. This spirit of adventure runs deep here in the U.S., where our collective drive to explore is quite literally a drive to explore. With the country connected by a series of the best and most scenic highways and byways, iconic bridges, and backcountry roads, there's no shortage of scenic drives in the U.S. Route 66 is obviously the epitome of the Great American Drive, but it’s by no means the only route worth traveling. Some other spectacular scenic drives in America include:
- The Olympic Peninsula Loop
- Going-to-the-Sun Road
- The San Juan Scenic Byway
- Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- The Blue Ridge Parkway
- Kancamagus Highway
So what are you waiting for? Go have your great American adventure!
What are some scenic drives located in national parks?
Forget the hiking boots; sometimes the best way to enjoy a national park is to drive through it. Some of the most scenic drives in national and state parks are:
- Crater Lake -- This natural wonder in Oregon is also one of the most accessible parks in the country, as it's actually designed to be visited by car. The lake is circumnavigated by the 33-mile Rim Drive, which also happens to be the highest paved road in Oregon. The full loop is usually open from June through October and features 30 scenic pullouts.
- Another amazing state park to drive is the Blue Ridge Parkway, which we think might be the most picture-perfect scenic drive in the U.S. The Parkway itself is 469-miles long and winds its way through 29 Virginia and North Carolina counties. It also connects with the Shenandoah National Park and Great Smoky Mountains National Park and is the unofficial gateway to both regions.