Travel News August 20, 2018
Six Awesome New Rides Are Coming To Dollywood And You’ll Want To Plan Your Visit
Since it opened in 1961, Dollywood has grown and evolved over the years since originally planting its feet in The Volunteer State. Recently, the amusement park has announced that in 2019 it will be expanding things even further, adding new attractions that your entire family will be able to enjoy. If you’ve been looking for an excuse to visit Tennessee’s most darling amusement park, we’ve got 11 reasons for you below!
Dollywood has begun a major expansion that will be unveiled in 2019. Hidden away in the Appalachian Mountains, the resort has plans to add 11 new family-friendly experiences in what they’re calling Wildwood Grove. Out of the upcoming 11 family-friendly experiences, a total of 6 new rides will be added to the park.
Aside from the six rides, visitors can expect to see a 55-foot-tall "Wildwood Tree" that will be covered with butterflies in brightly-covered leaves and lit up every night. Wildwood Grove will also feature an indoor play area called Hidden Hollow that will have slides, towers, bridges, towers and a play area called Wildwood Creek that will have its own splash pad, pools, and other exciting water-based attractions.
So, what are the six new rides that will be available to visitors? Here they are!
The Mad Mocking Bird
- Flying around a giant tree, passengers will be able to control their own speeds on a ride named after Tennessee’s state bird.
- Giving you a bird’s eye view of Wildwood Grove, passengers of this ride will sit on giant acorns that spin around the top of an Oak tree.
Black Bear Trail
- On this ride, passengers will be able to ride on the back of a Black Bear while they take a scenic tour of the woods at Wildwood Grove.
- Like riding in a giant leaf, this attraction is a swimming boat ride that you’ll never forget.
Frogs And Fireflies
- Another ride where you’ll get to hop on the back of animal, guests of this ride will go on the back of a frog and chase lily pads.
The Dragon Flier
- The most family-friendly ride out of all of these new attractions, this roller coaster takes you on an adventure that follows a dragonfly.
To find out more about what's coming to Dollywood's Wildwood Grove, click here.
Have you ever visited Dollywood? For more unique attractions around the country, check out how
Chicago Has Its Very Own Pizza Museum And It’s As Delicious As It Sounds!