Texas March 26, 2016
Here Are 15 Signs You Have Spent Way Too Much Time In Texas
Can you really spend TOO much time in Texas? I’ve lived here all my life and don’t ever plan on leaving, but there are definitely some telltale signs that you’ve been here a while. Here are 15 of them.
1. You keep a pair of sunglasses, a heavy jacket, and an umbrella in your car at all times.
2. Your daily attire consists of varying colors of flannels and cowboy boots.
3. You wonder why you didn't get chips and queso before your meal...and then you remember you're at an Italian restaurant.
4. You can't go more than a few sentences without saying "y'all".
5. You see this on TV and think "Oh, that isn't too bad. At least it hasn't hit the 110s yet."
6. You measure distance in time rather than miles.
7. This is your idea of "fine dining".
8. And you probably have a bottle (or leftover packets) of their ketchup sitting in your fridge right now.
9. You take a trip out of state and literally can't function without your beloved H-E-B.
10. You're more than willing to wait in a three hour line in the sweltering heat for some good barbecue.
11. The highlight of any road trip (more than the actual destination) is stopping at Buc-ee's.
12. There is nothing disturbing or disgusting to you about a three pound cinnamon roll (or 72 ounce steak).
13. During football season, you can't remember the last time you went out on a Friday night because you had to watch the game.
14. This is all you think about every day of every summer.
15. Your Texas pride is your favorite muscle to flex.
What are some other undeniable signs that you’ve been spending a little too much time in the Lone Star State?