Texas July 19, 2018
10 Statements That Every Texan Can Relate To During Summertime
Summertime in Texas means a lot of things:
swimming holes, barbecue…and unbearable heat. If you’ve ever lived in Texas, chances are you’ll be able to relate to these 10 statements that cross all of our minds this time of year.
1. There's no wake-up call quite like the sweet sound of cicadas chirping outside your window every morning.
And nothing better than realizing it's already THAT hot at 8 a.m.
2. You get excited when the weatherman announces that it's only supposed to be in the 90's this week...but then you realize you forgot about the heat index.
R.I.P., new hairstyle that you JUST got done yesterday.
3. Being mistaken for cattle wouldn't be shocking after getting branded by the seatbelt every time you get into your car...
4. ...and if that isn't bad enough, you then proceed to get burned by the steering wheel.
Everything is a potential weapon when the Texas heat gets a hold of it.
5. Getting dressed up isn't even worth it when sweat starts pouring down your face within five seconds of stepping outside.
Maybe you can convince everyone you just got done with a grueling workout at the gym.
6. Not to mention styling your hair just to have it blow up as soon as the Texas humidity touches it.
Team hair ties and baseball caps all summer long. Who's with us?
7. You have to race home from the grocery store before any chocolate you might've bought melts.
R.I.P., delicious Snickers bar.
8. It's so hot here, we've installed giant fans outside...
If only that were true.
9. ...but it still takes a million indoor fans to create any semblance of coolness.
And even then, the thermostat still pushes 80 degrees.
10. You'd sooner park under a tree ten miles from the store entrance than right in front with the blazing sun shining on your car.
Anything to avoid the fiery steering wheel of death.
Do these statements sound familiar? What else does every Texan think during summertime? Let us know!