There's A Dome Airbnb In Texas Where You Can Truly Sleep Beneath The Stars
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Dome airbnbs in Texas are all the rage right now, and the ones at Missing Hotel in Marble Falls don’t disappoint. Today, we’re introducing you to one called Habibi, which features luxurious amenities, such as a private balcony with a plunge pool and huge windows for stargazing. It’s the Hill Country getaway you didn’t know you needed at one of these amazing dome places to stay in Texas!
Have you ever stayed in Habibi at Missing Hotel? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments! If you get a sweet tooth, there’s a charming cafe in Marble Falls that makes the best pie you’ll ever eat.
More to Explore
Dome Places to stay
What is the best dome places to stay in Texas?
Texas offers some unique and memorable dome lodging options for those seeking an unconventional experience.
The best dome places to stay in Texas are:
- El Cosmico in Marfa: While primarily known for its chic vintage trailers, El Cosmico also offers "Cosmic Kasitas," which are geodesic dome-like structures. This lodging option provides a unique and artistic experience in the mystical desert town of Marfa.
- Geronimo Creek Retreat: Located in Seguin, this retreat offers Geodesic River Domes that sit above the water, complete with a fully-equipped kitchen and a private bathroom. It offers a unique glamping experience with the comforts of modern amenities.
- Dome in the Desert in Terlingua: Close to Big Bend National Park, this Airbnb option is a geodesic dome that offers stunning views of the expansive desert and dark skies ideal for stargazing.
- Flophouze in Round Top: This is more of a shipping container hotel but offers a unique dome-like experience with its Round Top Ballroom, a geodesic dome available for events and special occasions.
When choosing a dome place to stay, consider factors like location in relation to activities you plan to do, the amenities offered, reviews from previous guests, and your budget. Always check the latest reviews for the most current information!
Where can you sleep under the stars in Texas Hill Country?
The Texas Hill Country offers numerous opportunities to sleep under the stars, whether you're interested in traditional camping, glamping, or unique lodging options. Here are some suggestions:
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area: Known for its iconic pink granite dome, this state park has camping options to sleep under the stars and enjoy a little stargazing. It's popular, so book well in advance.
- Garner State Park: Offering various camping options alongside the Frio River, this park has a reputation for beautiful views of the stars due to its relatively low light pollution.
- Pedernales Falls State Park: With several camping spots, this park offers an incredible backdrop of rolling hills and a beautiful river—perfect for a night under the stars.
- Krause Springs: A well-known camping and swimming site in Spicewood, TX, offers tent and RV spots. The property has beautiful natural springs and a butterfly garden, making it a great place to connect with nature.
Whether you want a rugged outdoor experience or a more comfortable glamping adventure, the Texas Hill Country has something for everyone looking to sleep under the stars.