This Open Air Train Ride In Texas Is A Scenic Adventure For The Whole Family
You’ve likely heard of the Texas State Railroad or the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, but we’re willing to bet the Cedar Rock Railroad is a new-to-you attraction. One of the best train rides in Texas, this family-friendly excursion takes you on a mile-long journey through a scenic, wooded park. It only takes 15 minutes, so it’s the perfect addition to a Texas Hill Country day trip itinerary! Come along as we explore this fun little open air train ride adventure.
Have you ever taken a ride on the Cedar Rock Railroad? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience in the comments! And don’t forget to check out our previous article for a nearby wildlife refuge with a landscape that can only be described as otherworldly!
If you’re interested in making a weekend trip to Round Rock, be sure to consider the Austin Marriott North.
If you’re still in the mood for more Lone Star State adventures, take a look at this video:
More Lone Star State Adventures
Where can we find lakes around Austin?
- Lake Marble Falls is a reservoir on the Colorado River known for its plethora of native fish.
- Lake Travis is a huge lake featuring swimming, camping, boating, fishing, and other recreational activities.
- Ladybird Lake is a popular spot for hiking and biking located right in the middle of the city.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other inviting lakes around Austin.
Where can we find hidden gems in Texas?
- Tonkawa Falls in Crawford is a beautiful natural area with a refreshing swimming hole and waterfall set against a backdrop of huge rock formations.
- Bracken Cave in San Antonio is a cave that is home to the world’s largest bat colony that takes to the skies in the evening hours.
- Campbell’s Hole in Austin is a fun swimming hole that feels more like a creek or river not far from the Mopac/360 access point.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful hidden gems in Texas.
Where can we enjoy animal adventures in Texas?
- The Janda Exotics Animal Ranch located in Kingsbury is a family-owned and operated private zoo and breeding facility with exotic animals like ostriches, kangaroos, and coatimundi.
- The Exotic Resort Zoo in Johnson City has over 600 animals from all over the world, including camels, kangaroos, and zebras.
- The Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch in New Braunfels is a drive-through ranch with giraffes, zebras, and a host of endangered species from around the world.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other animal adventures in Texas.