This State Park In Texas Is So Little Known, You'll Practically Have It All To Yourself
One of the best state parks in Texas is tucked away just an hour north of the bustling DFW metro. Ray Roberts Lake State Park is spread across nine separate units, offering a peaceful waterfront escape without straying too far from the city. Portions of the park are well-known and popular, but the majority of the units remain hidden gems. No matter how you decide to explore this vast natural playground, you’ll never forget your visit.
Check out this cool YouTube video by photocinemapro highlighting some of the best features of the park.
Visit the Ray Roberts Lake State Park website for more information, including park hours and entrance fees. You can also visit the Johnson Branch Facebook page as well as the Isle du Bois Facebook page to learn more.
Have you ever visited Ray Roberts Lake State Park? If so, did you explore one of the main three units or venture off into more secluded territory? Tell us all about your experience in the comments! Don’t forget to check out our previous article for more of the best state parks in Texas.
More to Explore
RAY ROBERTS LAKE STATE PARK & RELATED INFO
What are some fun things to do near Ray Roberts Lake State Park in Isle Du Bois?
If you’re searching for some fun things to do near Ray Roberts Lake State Park, then we’ve got your back. Here are a few places that we think you will love:
- Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch
- Black Mustang Ranch, LLC
- Texas Tulips
- Western Son Distillery
- Water Works Park
- Lone Star Lodge and Marina
- Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center
- Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Guide Tim Wike
What are the best state parks in Texas?
While Ray Roberts Lake State Park is one of the lesser-known Texas state parks, here are some of the more popular state parks in Texas that I enjoy visiting:
- Dinosaur Valley State Park, Glen Rose
- Cedar Hill State Park, Cedar Hill
- Monahans Sandhills State Park, Monahans
- Brazos Bend State Park, Needville
- Guadalupe River State Park, Spring Branch
- Caddo Lake State Park, Karnack
- McKinney Falls State Park, Austin
- Seminole Canyon State Park & Historic Site, Comstock
- Hueco Tanks State Park & Historic Area, El Paso
- Lost Maples State Natural Area, Vanderpool
Wanna discover more about these state parks in Texas? If so, read our previous article about 20 of the best state parks in Texas that are worthy of your bucket list.
What are the best state parks for year-round camping in Texas?
Camping is a great pastime activity and I love that there are so many options for camping in Texas. But here are the best state parks for year-round camping in Texas that we recommend:
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Canyon
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, Fredericksburg
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Salt Flat
- Pedernales Falls State Park, Johnson City
- Bentsen Rio Grande Valley State Park, Mission
- Colorado Bend State Park, Bend
- Franklin Mountains State Park, El Paso
- Caprock Canyons State Park, Quitaque
- Garner State Park, Concan
- Davis Mountains State Park, Fort Davis
- Big Bend National Park, Big Bend
- Inks Lake State Park, Burnet
Be sure to check out our previous article to read more about the best state parks for year-round camping in Texas.