8 Maps Of Texas That Are Just Too Perfect (And Hilarious)
Texans all know by now that the U.S. map seriously needs to be updated. Realistically, Texas should take up at least half the country, if not all of it, right?! We think these funny maps of Texas do a much better job of representing our state, and although some might seem harsh, we can’t help it that other states just aren’t as awesome as ours. Take a look at these funny maps and see which ones are your favorite.
Which of these funny maps of Texas was your favorite? Did you see any that really rang true? Let us know in the comments section!
These funny maps aren’t the only maps that are worth checking out in Texas. In fact, we have a map that will give you the best time to visit the state! This Texas fall foliage map shows you exactly the best time and place to visit every autumn in order to enjoy peak leaf-changing colors.2
8 Funny Maps of Texas
What stereotypes are there about Texas?
While a Texas stereotypes map is funny enough, there are a few other stereotypes about living in Texas that these maps didn’t seem to cover. A few of these stereotypes about Texas include:
- We all ride horses to school or work.
- We all live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.
- All of Texas is just a flat patch of grass.
- We’re all cowboys and cowgirls.
- We survive on chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes.
- We all became wealthy from taking over our grandpa’s oil business.
- We’re all a bunch of illiterate, dumb hillbillies.
- All Texans are diehard football fans.
- We just drink beer and nothing else.
- We’re all as arrogant and full of pride as this map would have you believe.
What is the best time of year to visit Texas?
While funny maps of Texas tell you certain things, they don’t tell you the best time of year to visit the state. The best time to visit Texas is in the fall when the leaves start to change, and nature is at its best. This is the time of year when the weather cools, and natural beauty abounds. Autumn in Texas is completely underrated, especially because Texan stereotypes think we are all just deserts and plains. But we aren’t! We have beautiful fall foliage in Texas that is worth exploring each and every year.
Do Texans have any strange habits?
Just like every other state, Texans have strange habits that they will defend to the death. Because Texans are so proud, these habits include:
- Wearing homecoming mums.
- Taking family photos in a field of bluebonnets.
- Wearing cowboy boots everywhere.
- Tubing on the rivers.
- Riding our horses to the drive-thru.
- Standing in line for hours just to get good barbecue.
- Making everything bigger.
- Having things shaped like our state.
- Frying absolutely everything.
- Caring more about high school football than college or professional.
- Flaunting our Texas pride wherever we go.