Everyone In Texas Should Visit This Epic Flea Market At Least Once
Flea markets might not be the first thing that comes to mind when we think about Texas, but maybe they should be – the little town of Canton believes so, at least. It holds the largest flea market in America on the weekend before the first Monday of each month with over 6,000 vendors, attracting upwards of 100,000 shoppers. That’s a big deal for a town of 3,500. From food to antiques to classic cars, this First Monday Trade Days in Canton has it all, and you’ll definitely want to check it out.
Here are some tips and tricks to know for this amazing market:
The next market runs from March 30 to April 2, 2023, Thursday through Sunday, sunup to sundown.
Have you ever been to First Monday Trade Days? Let us know in the comments what you found there! If you liked this, be sure to check out several more flea markets in Texas.
More to Explore
The Best Shops and Markets in Texas
What are the best thrift stores in Texas?
The best thrift stores in Texas include:
- Thrift Town in Austin. This shop is like an upgraded Goodwill with quality clothes and household goods and additional sales and discounts.
- Uncommon Objects in Austin. The items here are vintage, strange, and intriguing and it’s an absolute joy to browse through.
- Curiosities in Dallas. You’ll find a ton of retro and vintage art, puppets, kitchenware, and so much more at this unique store.
- Feathers Boutique. This shop focuses on vintage women’s clothing from as far back as the 1920s and you’re sure to find something unique.
Learn more about the best thrift stores in Texas.
What are the most charming general stores in Texas?
The most charming general stores in Texas include:
- Jefferson General Store in Jefferson. This old store has been around since 1870 selling antiques, collectibles, and foodstuffs.
- Luckenbach General Store in Lukenbach. This shop opened in 1849 and was originally a trading post. It now sells all sorts of western items and even has a bar.
- Fischer General Store in Fischer. The same family has been running this shop since it started and they are also the town’s namesake.
- Nix General Store in Nix. This store started up in 1883 and was also a post office until 1906, yet the store is still in business.
Find out more about the most charming general stores in Texas.
What are the best farmers markets in Texas?
The best farmers markets in Texas include:
- Corpus Christi Downtown Farmers Market. This Gulf Coast market offers local produce, meats, eggs, baked goods, and a bit of live music.
- El Paso Downtown Artist and Farmers Market. This border town has a wonderful selection of food, arts, and crafts from both sides of the border.
- Fredericksburg Farmers Market. Local farmers, ranchers, and vintners sell their goods at this amazing market.
- Main Plaza Farmers Market in San Antonio. You’ll find clothing, jewelry, fruits, veggies, and a wide array of chilis for every level of heat.
Discover more about the best farmers markets in Texas.