Hop In Your Car And Take El Camino Del Rio For An Incredible 50-Mile Scenic Drive In Texas
Exploring the vast West Texas desert in its entirety could take a lifetime, so luckily, there are several Texas scenic routes that traverse the desolate terrain. One such route is the El Camino del Rio scenic drive, a 50-mile stretch of roadway that showcases the mystique of our state’s most forgotten lands as you’ve never seen before. Let’s explore one of the best scenic drives in Texas.
Check out the gorgeous scenery along the El Camino del Rio:
Have you taken any scenic drives in Texas like this one? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience on the El Camino del Rio scenic drive in the comments. If you’re ready for another road trip, check out this bucket-list-worthy Texas scenic route.
More to Explore
Things To Do In Texas
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Texas?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Texas include:
- Old Baldy Trail at Garner State Park. The limestone karsts here are reminiscent of the movie Avatar or the gorgeous Halong Bay in Vietnam.
- Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge. This amazing expanse covers 44,000 acres and has a wide variety of wildlife.
- Tule Park. Located near Rockport, this lush, green place shows how surprisingly green and gorgeous Texas can be.
- Enchanted Rock. This mesmerizing rock has cave drawings from Native Americans from hundreds of years ago.
Learn more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Texas.
What are the most charming small towns in Texas?
The most charming small towns in Texas include:
- Marfa. This tiny town has a huge arts culture and is the sight of strange lights known as the Marfa Lights.
- Poteet. This was where George Strait was born and is known for its annual Poteet Strawberry Festival.
- Schulenburg. This town is full of German heritage and culture and has the Texas Polka Music Museum and several painted churches.
- Jefferson. This town is full of antique and specialty shops as well as over 70 historic landmarks.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in Texas.
What are the most charming general stores in Texas?
The most charming general stores in Texas include:
- Jefferson General Store in Jefferson. This old store has been around since 1870 selling antiques, collectibles, and foodstuffs.
- Luckenbach General Store in Lukenbach. This shop opened in 1849 and was originally a trading post. It now sells all sorts of Western items and even has a bar.
- Fischer General Store in Fischer. The same family has been running this shop since it started and they are also the town’s namesake.
- Nix General Store in Nix. This store started up in 1883 and was also a post office until 1906, yet the store is still in business.
Find out more about the most charming general stores in Texas.