Dallas - Fort Worth December 06, 2017
The Day Trip Of A Lifetime You Can Only Take In Dallas – Fort Worth
What if there was a magical place that locals can journey to in the morning and return home in time to sleep in their own beds? The City of Grapevine is such a place. Centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth, it provides all the entertainment, beauty, dining, history, and charm to make it a city that is deserving of return visits throughout the year. If you haven’t been, here are 15 things to do while in Grapevine to experience a day trip of a lifetime. Trust us, once you go, you’ll be back:
1. Head to Grapevine's historic Main Street, where there is always good times to be had.
Main Street is home to numerous festivals throughout the year. You could spend a day alone just shopping, eating, and enjoying the charm of the shops and restaurants here.
The Glockenspiel Clock Tower is a featured attraction with its 9-foot tall characters, known as would-be train robbers, who emerge each day at noon, 3:00 P.M., 6:00 P.M. and 9:00 P.M. to the delight of locals and visitors.
2. Take a free tour and sample some Texas wine from Delaney Vineyards.
Find the vineyard at 2000 Champagne Blvd. There are several wine bars throughout the city, as it's located in one of the best wine regions in the state.
3. Venture over to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
OIYS Staff Photo
This ginormous outdoor store is located at 2501 Bass Pro Dr.
In addition to being able to explore for hours, you can sit in on a free fishing or outdoor seminar while.
4. Check out LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
You'll be enthralled by displays such as this Lego replica of the AA Center in Dallas. Of course, kids and kids-at-heart can create their own Lego creations as well. Find it at 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy.
5. Get away from it all at Grapevine Botanical Gardens.
This beautiful park features trails, streams, ponds, sitting areas, and of course seasonal plants. It is located at 411 Ball St.
6. Enjoy a sunrise while fishing at Grapevine Lake...
7. ...or rent a sailboat and view a spectacular Texas sunset.
8. Learn about farm life at the historic Texas Nash Farm.
Hayrides are just one of the many activities visitors can enjoy. It is at 626 Ball St.
9. Foodies love Grapevine for its diverse offerings.
Esparza's Restaurante Mexicano is a local favorite for not only its great food and fabulous margaritas, but also for its outdoor patio area that is open year-round. Esparza's is located at 124 E. Worth St.
10. Grapevine is always looking for a reason to celebrate.
Parades, festivals, activities and special entertainment can be found most weekends in Grapevine.
11. Grapevine is known as the Christmas Capital of Texas.
Visit the city during the Christmas season for beautiful light displays, shopping, and free fun.
12. Shop at Grapevine Mills Mall.
There's more than shopping at its 180-plus stores. You can also visit the SEA LIFE aquarium, Rainforest Café, ride the carousel, or catch a movie. The mall is at 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy.
13. Hop aboard on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad.
Excursions are offered year-round, with special themed rides to coincide with special events. The depot and museum is located on the historic Main St. area.
14. You don't have to spend the night to visit the Gaylord Texan Resort.
But you surely will want to! The hotel is located at 1501 Gaylord Trail and backs up to Grapevine Lake. The massive interior features renditions of well-known Texas landmarks, such as the Alamo, River Walk, oil derricks, and more. Seasonal displays and attractions are also featured, such as Christmas time ICE! Carvings.
15. Consider a stay at Great Wolf Lodge.
This family-friendly attraction is located at 100 Great Wolf Dr.
The incredible indoor water park is only one of the reasons people love to stay here. The rooms also feature kid-fun themes. Even if you can't stay overnight, it's worth a visit to walk through the resort and see it for yourself.
Have you been to Grapevine, and if so, what are your favorite places to visit? We’d love for you to share your experiences in the comments below!