Dallas - Fort Worth September 29, 2017
21 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Dallas – Fort Worth
Dallas – Fort Worth isn’t for everyone. With a persona greater than Texas itself, many folk are simply not meant to be a part of our Lone Star State. Everything is big here — the area we call the Metroplex encompasses a population of over 7 million people and 13 counties. That means there could be
too many choices on where to live, what to eat, where to work, which area lake to visit, or which activity to do for people who like to keep it simple. Plus, it can really get hot in the summer here. As far as winter goes … well, we really don’t get one. Here are reasons it may not be for you:
1. Locals fixate over Texas bluebonnets. Aren't they actually weeds?
All our state flower does is attract those pesky photographers and parents with small children into these fields of blue for photos each spring.
2. There are too many job options around here.
All these incoming corporate headquarters just add traffic to our highways.
3. Once you've seen one building, you've seen them all. Right?
This public park at Thanks-Giving Square designed to inspire gratitude and giving of thanks is nice, however.
4. It's always too hot to eat outdoors.
Where's the air conditioning?
5. There's nothing good to eat.
Do you know how many calories are in a typical Mexican food meal? Give me hummus, anytime.
Texas T-bones are waaayyy too much meat for anyone not from the Metroplex, anyhow.
6. Dallas - Fort Worth has a lot of lightning storms, hail, and even tornados.
Aren't snowstorms better?
7. The nightlife here is just
There are simply too many live music places, festivals, bars, and entertainment districts everywhere you look.
8. The bike trails are boring.
Why would anyone want to ride alongside the Trinity River?
9. Who cares about Western history and heritage?
Cowboys shouldn't be on bulls, anyway. They're COWboys.
10. Fishing and boating is overrated, and the sunsets are no big deal.
Thirteen area lakes may not be enough for some people, and the sunsets can get pretty darned bright. Sometimes there is simply too much orange in the sky.
11. The only way to get around the area is by car.
Or train or bus or plane...
12. People in Dallas - Fort Worth don't know how to have fun.
I mean, how could we when there is nothing going on here.
13. Is this longhorn cow supposed to be impressive?
Are those horns even real?
14. Dallas - Fort Worth has no sense of culture.
Urghh... colorful murals...
15. And no pride for history.
Yeah, yeah.... there are lots of museums around the Metroplex. But does anyone actually go?
16. Locals have an inflated view of all things Texas.
Texans like to put their state name on EVERYTHING.
17. Summertime must feel like living in hell.
You can literally fry an egg on the sidewalk during these triple-digit temperatures.
18. Neighborhoods are too spacious.
How could anyone possibly make friends with their neighbors when we’re all separated by such big, beautiful yards that are perfect for BBQs and parties?
19. What's the big deal about the State Fair, anyway?
Riding the Texas Star and being greeted by the iconic 55-foot "Big Tex" may not be good enough for some out-of-area fairgoers. Heck, they may not even be impressed with its annual 23-day run.
20. There are no sports to watch.
That is sooo true ... unless you count the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, FC Dallas, and NASCAR events at Texas Motor Speedway, of course.
21. Locals seldom get to wear all the cute fall fashions.
It’s so rough to have to wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts year-round.
As you can tell, there’s obviously nothing happening in Dallas – Fort Worth. Disagree? We’d love to hear why you think differently.