Dallas - Fort Worth October 16, 2017
16 Things You Quickly Learn When You Move To Dallas – Fort Worth
If you weren’t born in Dallas – Fort Worth, you came here for a reason. Maybe it’s for a fabulous new job, because corporate headquarters offices are springing up all over the Metroplex. You may also have chosen to live here for our beautiful, mild climate. Or you simply have developed a love for our part of the Lone Star State. Regardless of the reason, here are things you quickly learn when you move to the area.
1. We have terrible rush hour traffic in our downtown areas.
HOV lanes and additional public transit options are being added. The mass transit is still severely limited in outlying areas, however. But the truth is, most commuters still drive solo.
2. Water is everywhere.
The numerous man-made lakes provide not only drinking water and flood protection but countless recreational water activities for its residents. Most of our lakes are utilized by residents year-round. We also have our Trinity River, which snakes through the entire area. We also love our large displays of water fountains!
3. We celebrate our Western heritage with statues, exhibits and museums.
These beautiful wild Mustang bronzes are in Las Colinas.
4. Our spring storm season is real!
We have an active tornado season, torrential rains at times, hail, and high winds. But make no mistake: most of our days are sunny and warm, warmer, and warmest!
5. We TOTALLY freak out at the mere mention of snow and ice.
When we get either, it completely paralyzes the area until it melts.
6. We start kids with football and cheerleading in elementary school...
7. Leading to dreams of playing for the Dallas Cowboys, known nationally as "America's Team."
Or becoming a DCC, who have earned the title as "America's Sweethearts."
8. Our cost of living is low and our housing choices are endless.
From urban apartment living...
To a house in the suburbs...
To a multi-million-dollar mansion in the heart of Dallas' toniest area.
9. We like our portions really big...
10. We like our music loud and varied...
A great concert for all music genres can be found across the area.
11. We are the king of Tex-Mex and custom-made street tacos.
12. We are way more cultural than you might give us credit for.
We are renowned with our museums and cultural art centers.
13. We have countless niche bars, like this one in Fort Worth.
As well as upscale ones to frequent.
14. We REALLY decorate for all the holidays.
Check out this breathtaking tree light display at Vitruvian Park in Addison.
15. Dallas has a rocking design district, with Dallas Apparel Mart events and ongoing fashion shows.
16. Date night choices are limitless here.
What other things would you add to this list? Tell us in the comments!