Channel Your Inner Pioneer When You Spend The Night At This Covered Wagon Campground In Canton, Texas
Next time you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the demands of the modern world, escape to Silver Spur Resort in Texas and live as the pioneers did. One of several options for covered wagon camping in Texas, the resort offers a rustic getaway that will transport you back to simpler times. While a stay here provides the opportunity to stay in an authentic Conestoga covered wagon with few modern amenities, the interiors all feel quite luxurious. You’ll certainly feel right at home. I know I always appreciate the chance to unplug and recharge.
Nightly rates vary so be sure to visit the Silver Spur Resort website or the Canton KOA Holiday website (the wagons are part of the KOA campground) for more information and/or to book your stay. You can also visit the Silver Spur Resort Facebook page for more photos and current happenings. They can be reached at 903-420-1400.
Have you ever stayed in a covered wagon at Silver Spur Resort? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience. Tell us in the comments! If you love the idea of spending the night in a unique place, check out more covered wagon campgrounds in Texas.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Camping in Texas
Can I camp right on the water in Texas?
Yes, you can camp right on the water in Texas. There are a few fantastic options to choose from and these are some of the most popular:
- Blue River Camp, Kingsbury: This beautiful spot actually feels a bit tropical. For those looking to have a vacation that feels miles away from the every day, this is a great option.
- Inks Lake State Park, Burnet: You'll find this gorgeous campground about one-hour northwest of Austin. With 200 camping spots, there's plenty of space for everyone.
- There are other spots in just about every corner of the state. These campground options are a refreshing adventure!
What are the best family-friendly campgrounds in Texas?
There are quite a few family-friendly campgrounds in Texas ... and many offer water attractions. If you're looking for a fun vacation, check out the following spots:
- Chadillac's Backyard Waterpark, Houston: This waterpark has everything from slides to pools to tubing. It's easy to spend an entire day, but we love the idea of camping overnight to make it extra special.
- Mountain Breeze Campground, New Braunfels: Located directly on the Guadalupe River, this beautiful camping spot offers everything you can imagine related to water. Try boating, swimming, rafting, or fishing.
- Splashway Waterpark & Campground, Sheridan: Choose from relaxing activities like a lazy river or heart-pounding fun like the waterslides. Then, stay overnight to do it all again the next day.
Where can I go camping in Texas with no reservations?
You can go camping in Texas with no reservations at a number of spots located throughout the state. Here are a few local favorites:
- Brazos Island State Park, Cameron: This is a great option for people who want to feel truly removed from the everyday. The nearest grocery store is about 25 miles away and there are no dumping stations. So, be sure to plan ahead for your adventure:
- Spring Creek Park, Tomball: There's quite a bit to do at this fun park. Enjoy swimming in their pool, playing basketball or tennis, and, of course, there are plenty of walking trails.
- Check out a few other glorious campgrounds that don't require reservations so you can have an entire summer planned without actually having to plan ahead.