Take These 5 Country Roads Near Austin For A Gorgeous Scenic Drive
Sometimes all we need to escape is a lovely drive along the country roads near Austin. Downtown Austin may be full of construction cranes and skyscrapers, but the Hill Country is laden with clear, gorgeous views. Cue up your favorite Willie Nelson playlist, and prepare for a refreshing afternoon. It’s time to get on the road again, and these five country roads offer the best scenic drives near Austin.
Have you taken any of these scenic drives near Austin? What are your favorite scenic country roads near Austin? Let us know about them in the comments. I think now is the time to pack up the car and take a road trip to see some of the historical places in Austin!
More to Explore
Scenic Small Towns in Texas
What are the most scenic towns in Texas?
The most scenic towns in Texas include:
- Marble Falls. This is a beautiful hilly region of Texas where you’ll find the Balcones National Wildlife Refuge.
- Dripping Springs. With fields of flowers and an utterly gorgeous swimming hole, this place is beyond beautiful.
- Fort Davis. This little town is near Davis Mountains State Park which contains frontier forts and a historic museum.
- Vanderpool. This lovely town is home to the Lost Maples State Natural Area which is a picturesque nature preserve.
Find out more about the most scenic towns in Texas.
What are some amazing hidden gem towns in Texas?
Some amazing hidden gem towns in Texas include:
- Roaring Springs. This little town has less than 250 people and was the main Comanche outpost and has some of the purest water in the state.
- Paint Rock. This picturesque town has amazing Native American pictographs on the cliffs next to the Concho River.
- Chillicothe. With just over 700 people, this little town was built in the 1880s during the construction of the Fort Worth and Denver Railways.
- Round Top. This tiny town of only 90 residents is the personification of a charming small town.
Discover more about these and other amazing hidden gem towns in Texas.
What are the most charming small towns in Texas?
The most charming small towns in Texas include:
- Schulenburg. This town is full of German heritage and culture and has the Texas Polka Music Museum and several painted churches.
- Jefferson. This town is full of antique and specialty shops as well as over 70 historic landmarks.
- Marfa. This tiny town has a huge arts culture and is the sight of strange lights known as the Marfa Lights.
- Poteet. This was where George Strait was born and is known for its annual Poteet Strawberry Festival.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in Texas.