15 Reasons Living In Austin Is The Best - And Everyone Should Move Here
Everyone has their, “Why my city is the best” speech, but those living in Austin don’t really have to explain themselves on why it’s the best city to live. They’ve already received an influx of newbie, relocated citizens to the area over the past ten years! You might even hear that it is rare to know or meet a true native Austinite. Whether you plan on moving to Austin, made your migration from wherever you had started before, or have always been a true native Austin citizen, here are just a few of the endless reasons why living in Austin is the best.
1. Austinites LOVE football like most Americans do - But they've got UT as their college ball team, and who doesn't love UT? Hook Em'.
2. Barton Springs Pool is an all natural pool that stays cool all year long. If you haven't already heard, it's sunny and warm 300 days of the year in Austin - You might be able to take a dip throughout the seasons!
3. Austin is a city for everyone, especially for growing families.
4. As for all happening cities, you've got to have delicious food selections. Austin takes it up a notch with their hundreds of food trucks serving up delicious eats day and night!
5. It's the capital city, of course. What better place to fulfill your inner tourist than to visit the capital of the 'Lone Star State?'
6. There's a farmers market here, there's a farmers market there... there's a farmers market everywhere in Austin!
7. Small businesses run this city - It's a place for the people, by the people indefinitely.
8. Yep, it's the live music capital of the world! You can find shows all throughout town any day of the week.
9. The nightlife scene here is amazingly lively. Seven days a week there's something of an event happening. SXSW, ACL, F1, just to name a few.
10. Outdoor recreation is second nature to the people of Austin. They've even expanded their Towne Lake hike and bike trail across the river - Lady Bird Johnson Boardwalk.
11. Austin is a fit and health conscious city. Sure, there's parks and endless miles of hiking trails, but the people of Austin know how to get fit anywhere, anytime.
12. The infamous 6th street. This is where live music, incredibly cheap drinks, and bars door to door can be found.
13. Dogs are literally man's best friend here. There are leash-free dog parks, restaurants, and shopping strips that not only welcome your furry four-legged friend, but will also have a fresh water bowl and treats!
14. Oh, there is definitely traffic in this hip metro city, but it's a breeze to tolerate in comparison to its neighboring cities, Houston and Dallas!
15. Austin is home to some of the coolest and laid-back hang out spots. This artsy bar located on Rainey Street is made out of recycled containers - And you guessed right, it's called Container Bar.
Now that you have a bucket list of reasons why living in Austin is the best, when will you plan your move? Got any better reasons why people should move to Austin? Let us hear it!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.