Austin March 25, 2016
These 11 Iconic Foods in Austin Will Have Your Mouth Watering
Calling all foodies from around the way! Austin has some Texas-sized bites to get your taste buds buzzing. Austin is known for more than just its live music scene, nightlife happenings, and calm collective atmosphere. It’s also known for its diverse and massive local food scene. Check out these iconic foods in Austin that will have your mouth watering!
1. Austinites do not need an excuse to drink. Drinking is usually celebrated amongst groups of friends or family, and local businesses certainly cater to the crowds by serving up these massive margaritas by the pitcher.
2. Gourdough's Donuts will make your wildest dreams come true with the combinations that top their freshly fried donuts. Bananas, peanut butter, and bacon on a donut? Sure, why not?!
3. Homeslice Pizza is THE place to grab a pie to devour. There's usually a line out the door because their pies are so tasty! Customize your order, or get a fresh slice of what's already been baked.
4. Breakfast tacos are a must when dining in Austin. The infamous "Don Juan Taco Challenge" has been documented on Man v. Food. It's a 7 lb. breakfast burrito that must be devoured in a set time - Talk about Texas-Sized!
5. Okay, so Austnites may have an obsession with breakfast foods. 24 Diner is open 24/7 and has mouth watering, yeast-risen waffles that are off the hinges delicious. Dare to be bold and order the Chicken and Waffles meal.
6. Mighty Cone is just that - Delicious morsels of what ever you can think of in a cone! Save yourself the mess and take a bite out of a meal in a cone!
7. Kimchi fries from Chilantro BBQ - A Mexican/Korean fusion food truck, turned brick and mortar establishment. Today, you can visit the many food trucks and restaurants where Chilantro serves up supremely fiery bites of flavor, day and night.
8. Franklin's BBQ is so darn good, that locals and visitors wait in line for up to four hours, with no guarantee of being able to purchase a plate of BBQ and fixins. Fingers crossed!
9. Austin's people are serious about their food. Hopdoddy's one-of-a-kind burgers are so memorably delicious, that this establishment often has a line wrapped 'round the building.
10. After a night of drinking 'til 2 AM, tons of food trucks are awaiting hungry patrons. Best Wurst has several carts on the famous 6th Street and makes your wurst fresh to order, with as many fixin's as you can handle. This of course includes curry ketchup!
11. Come on down to the Austin Rodeo for deep-fried anything, especially these deep-fried Oreos! Drool...
Austin serves up some awesomely delicious dishes! These iconic foods in Austin are just some of the many selections to choose from. What savory bites of goodness are we missing here?