5 Haunted Hotels Around Austin That Will Make Your Stay A Nightmare
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Sure, Austin is typically a cheerful and musical place. That doesn’t mean there isn’t something ghostly lingering beneath the surface. If you’re eager to investigate the paranormal, look no further than these bone-chilling Central Texas places. Here, spectral figures float through the halls and high-pitched laughter follows you around empty rooms. These five haunted hotels in Austin Texas will make your stay a nightmare.
If you’ve been searching for “haunted hotels near me,” now your search is over! Have you visited any of these notoriously haunted hotels in Austin, Texas before? If you’re looking for slightly less haunting accommodations, Hotels.com has got your back.
Are you aching for more terrifying stories? These seven haunted places in Austin will send shivers down your spine.
More to Explore
Haunted hotels in Austin Texas
What are some other haunted places in Austin, Texas?
If visiting the above haunted hotels in Austin, Texas, ignited your ghost-hunting wanderlust, then you'll want to check out the following haunted spots around ATX!
- Looking for the most haunted street in Austin? Head to Sixth Street.
- While thousands of people flock to Sixth Street every weekend to soak up the nightlife and rock out to some live music, this street is full of spooky tales and haunted happenings.
- Before they were rowdy bars, these buildings hosted a slew of colorful characters.
- Some of them never wanted to leave. Stay away from Austin’s most haunted street after dark or you may be sorry!
- Curious to explore the most haunted cemeteries in Austin? Head to places like:
- San Jose Burial Park Cemetery
- Oakwood Cemetery
- Tucker Cemetery
- The San Fernando Cathedral
- Hutto City Cemetery.
Finally, if dining with ghosts sounds like your cup of tea, enjoy a meal at The Tavern. Rumor has it that this Central Austin beer barn once operated as a brothel, and some guests have claimed to experience the ghostly spirit of a young woman named Emily. It's not uncommon to hear phantom footsteps during your late evening game of pool. You may even feel a tap on the shoulder or a slight pinch on your arm even when nobody is around!