Austin August 04, 2016
10 Undeniable Things Every True Austinite Has Done At Least Once
Whether you’ve been here for ten years or an entire lifetime, there are some things that every Austinite can relate to. Our unhealthy obsession with breakfast tacos, our immense state pride, and our passion for the best local music makes us a unique group. Sure, the population is climbing up to 1 million, but we can all come together on a few things. These are 10 undeniable things that every true Austinite has done at least once.
1. Experienced Baby A's post-purple margarita regret
The purple ritas may look cute and harmless, but be warned. These tasty concoctions are made with pure everclear. There's a reason why they limit you to two per visit.
2. Left our mark at the HOPE Outdoor Gallery
Chances are, buried under layers of spray paint, your initials are tagged in florescent red and blue.
3. Spontaneously joined a drum circle
Oh, you thought you were joining your friends for a beer in their backyard? Think again. Small get-togethers inevitably turn into a wild cacophony of drums, guitars, and harmonicas.
4. Refused to drive north of the river during rush hour.
It doesn't matter if the concert starts at 7:00. If we have to take 35 to get there, we're staying south.
5. Willingly waited in line for over four hours to catch our favorite band
Austinites have iron patience (as long as it's for music). The people you meet in line often become your new best friends.
6. Eaten Kerbey Lane Queso for breakfast and pancakes for dinner.
At Kerbey Lane, your non-traditional meal choices are celebrated with high-fives and cheers. You want that cowboy queso at 8am? Who's to stop you?
7. Howled at the full moon at Barton Springs Pool
You'll have to wait in line to get in for the full moon swim, but once you do it's a vibrant, free-spirited hippie fest.
8. Gone on a date at the Whole Foods Headquarters
Whether you're taking your beau to the ice rink in the winter or watching a Shakespearian play in the summer, Whole Foods is the best date night destination.
9. Spent your Friday night playing with your pup at the dog park
Who needs sixth street when you can have a party with your pet at one of Austin's awesome dog parks?
10. Ordered the Torchy's trifecta of tacos.
There's nothing better than sinking you teeth into the Republican, Democrat, and Independent tacos from Torchy's. No wonder the Torchy's trifecta is Obama's favorite.
What’s your favorite quintessential Austin experience?