Texas January 07, 2016
Here Are 17 Awesome Things You Can Do In Texas For $10 Or Less
Is one of your New Year’s resolutions to be tighter with money? Maybe you’d like to, but the one thing holding you back is the agonizing thought of not being able to do anything fun once you resolve to start saving. We know everyone is entitled to enjoyment regardless of finances, and luckily, our state has plenty of activities that will bring you fulfillment without breaking the bank. Here are 17 awesome things to do in Texas for $10 or less.
1. Drive the Bluebonnet Trail in the hill country.
There's no charge for viewing this stunning beauty.
2. Visit Jacob's Well
Get a glimpse of the largest underwater cave system in Texas. It'll cost you $9 for adults and $5 for children, military, and seniors. That small fee is definitely worth it to experience this breathtaking spectacle.
3. Witness the sea turtle hatching on Padre Island (THE CUTENESS!!)
Afterwards, you can hang out on the beach until sundown to see the Milky Way in the sky over the water.
4. Take a trip to the Capital
Learn about the governmental history of our state and take in the awe-inspiring Renaissance-esque architecture.
5. Go to the Texas Rose Festival in Tyler
Every October, thousands of visitors from all over the country head to Tyler to view the largest municipal rose garden in the United States. There are activities such as a parade and coronation of the Rose Queen as well.
6. Watch the sun go down and lights come up on Scenic Drive in El Paso
7. Visit the Congress Ave bridge at dusk in the summer and watch as millions of bats emerge from underneath to begin their migration to Mexico
8. Take a trip to a charming small town like Fredericksburg
There's nothing quite like taking a stroll around a picturesque town square.
9. If your adventures require a long drive, stop in at Buc-ee's on the way!
There's no charge to use the cleanest bathrooms in America.
10. Pay a visit to the (in)famous Cadillac Ranch!
11. Go stargazing.
It doesn't cost a penny to lay under the Texas night sky in a desolate area and be amazed by a blanket of stars.
12. Visit the Palo Duro Canyon
You'll feel like you're in another state (or possibly on another planet) and your wallet won't suffer one bit.
13. See peacocks strutting their stuff at Mayfield Park in Austin
14. Tour the historic Alamo in downtown San Antonio
15. Drive along the old route 66 in the Panhandle! Pictured below is the Tower Station in Shamrock.
16. Take a hike at the Barton Creek Greenbelt in Austin.
Beautiful views like the Twin Falls shown here are totally free of charge, but full of pure enjoyment.
17. Go strawberry pickin' at Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls!
They also have a really neat pumpkin patch in the fall that's definitely worth a visit.
I’m ready for a road trip now, guys. Especially one where the only money involved is for gas! Who’s with me? Have you ever done any of these activities? What other things can be done in Texas for under $10? Let us know in the comments!