Tennessee December 08, 2017
6 Places In Tennessee That Will Make You Feel As Though You’ve Entered A Winter Wonderland
Winter is one of the most underrated seasons in Tennessee, if you ask us. Everyone seems to go crazy about fall colors and spring flowers and summertime swimming holes, but what about the snow encrusted beauty of our winters?! We found seven places that will make you fall in love with your home state all over again, through the dark and chilly months and all the way through to next year.
1. This is quite possibly the prettiest Tennessee drive in the wintertime.
Cades Cove is stunning throughout the entirety of the year, but taking the
Cades Cove Loop
is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the area without the chill.
2. These hiking trails are best experienced in the heart of wintertime.
We've found the
best hiking trails
in Tennessee for a snowy hike or a crisp walk through the snowy beauty of our great, wintry state.
3. The mountains are perfect for winter explorations.
There's nothing more beautiful than a weekend spent in the mountains, and we've pulled together some of the
most magical mountain spots
Tennessee has to offer.
4. Riding horses is a neat pastime, but what about through the snow?
Cades Cove offers a horseback riding experience that's great during the chillier months - plus, it feels absolutely magical when you're wandering the snowy woods
atop your gallant steed
5. There's nothing more magical than an evening spent among Christmas lights.
With millions of lights strung across hallways and storefronts and restaurants, you'll never want to leave
the winter wonderland
of Tennessee's very own Opryland.
6. Cherokee Caverns is probably one of the most insane experiences in the state.
Would you care to visit
a Christmas cave
, anyone? Tennessee does quite well when it comes to celebrating the holidays, and this right here proves it.
Continue exploring Tennessee with
this gorgeous town in the mountains.