Tennessee May 12, 2016
12 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Tennessee Do
Every state has its strange bits, the quirky parts that make it home. Tennessee is no different. Our twang is substantial and our hearts are bigger, plus we have a couple of character traits that may make you giggle. Take a look!
12. We pretty much never look while changing lanes.
Dude, you shouldn't be over there! I gotta get over!
11. We hold college football on pretty much the same level as church.
They share the same day of the week, after all.
10. We eat our meals with at least three sides.
Otherwise it's just not a meal.
9. We know there's only one kind of whiskey.
Jack Daniel's. Done.
8. We assume the world appreciates a good ballad.
In Tennessee this definitely is a thing, and we wouldn't want to live anywhere that doesn't love the banjo.
7. We'll give up a right of way because we're nice.
Sure, it confuses the heck out of people - whatever! Karma.
6. We know it's summer when we see the lightning bugs.
Babies and lemonade and late nights are all summer as well.
5. We're fairly sure there's no such thing as unsweetened tea.
4. "Y'all" is just way easier to say. Period.
It's a contraction. And it's in the dictionary.
3. We know "Coke" is all-encompassing.
We don't do "soda."
2. We utilize the front porch. Extensively.
Before work, on lunch break, late at night - you name it!
1. We've accepted that humidity is a way of life.
It's not a lot, but it's our life!
Do any of these make sense to you?