Tennessee January 06, 2017
17 Ways Tennessee Is America’s Black Sheep… And We Love It That Way
Tennessee is given a bad rap every once in awhile – but hey. We aren’t afraid to put everything that makes us awesome on display. So, without further ado – we have SEVENTEEN things that make us pretty much the best state in the country. Take a look, have a laugh, and leave something funny in the comments. There’s nothin’ funnier than a true Tennesseean.
17. We play VINTAGE BASEBALL.
Does anyone else dress up like it's the early 20th century and KILL it in the diamond? That would be Tennessee.
16. We're solid fans of our second amendment rights.
It's #2 because it's important, you know.
15. We sure can ride in style.
We can hook you up with a ride like this, if you're interested.
14. We know how to go out in style.
There's a buddy of ours that can hook up up with a casket like this, if you want.
13. We work with the tools we have.
And we aren't scared to get REAL creative with 'em.
12. We're proud of our roots.
Get it? It's a TREE mug. Trees have roots - yeah?! Yeah...
11. Our signs for public safety make complete and total sense.
This one here is for racing wheelchairs. (Or to make sure you don't fall in the river...we'd like to go with the former. Ride on!)
10. We aren't scared to put our cleverness on display.
We sure love a good laugh.
9. Again, we are very clever.
So what happens if you do hit the sign...? You block the on-ramp? WE ARE SO CURIOUS.
8. We can very solidly state the obvious - and we aren't afraid to do it.
As this abandoned spot in McNairy says: Beer is cold, Hell is hot. That's a word there.
7. We take pride in our locally owned businesses.
This is called emphasizing the mystery, y'all. Marketing.
6. Tennessee likes to call it like it is.
Have you ever looked up "Idiotboy Industries" in the phone book? Does only Tennessee use phone books?
5. We have no shame when it comes to getting you to church on Sunday.
You're welcome - you'll thank us later.
4. There is no question where anyone stands politically.
Bumper sticker found in the ol' Knoxville, but hey - right or left, you'll know where a Tennessean stands.
3. The University of Tennessee tends to swing our style.
It sets the tone for the state - and now you know why we all wear black every once in awhile.
2. We aren't scared to display how we feel.
And these people are obviously pacifists.
1. We're VERY intense about our health.
It should come battered and fried - every time.
This is the kind of thing that really makes us laugh. If you’re looking for a place that will REALLY make you happy, check out some
amazing Tennessee restaurants. There’s nothing better than a great southern meal, don’t you think?