Unicoi, Tennessee Is The Perfect Small Mountain Town For Your Next Weekend Away
Tennessee is chock full of darling small towns perfect for exploring, but there’s something about Unicoi that makes us excited to plan a trip. This tiny town hasn’t expanded in recent years and instead has maintained its rural charm and ease. Learn more about Unicoi below – including where the inspiration for its name came from! – then pack up your hiking boots and get ready to visit. You’ll discover that there are some fun things to do in Unicoi Tennessee and there’s nothing quite like a mountain town adventure. It’s one great place that you’ll want to explore!
Check out this incredible video by Youtuber Laura Rogers featuring some of the gorgeous scenes from Unicoi.
In love with Tennessee? These Tennessee waterfall hikes are gorgeous in the wintertime!
More to Explore
THINGS TO DO IN UNICOI TENNESSEE & RELATED INFO
What are some cool things to do in Unicoi Tennessee?
Unicoi is a charming mountain town that is great for hiking, but here are some of the coolest things to do in Unicoi Tennessee:
- Farmhouse Gallery & Gardens - a unique event venue where you can camp, visit a buffalo herd, grab a bite to eat, or spend some time shopping for specialty gifts
- Scott’s Farm Market - a seasonal farmers market offering the freshest produce that includes strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, and so much more.
- Los Jalapenos Mexican Restaurant - savor some authentic Mexican flavors
- Maple Grove Restaurant - stop in for the best comfort breakfast in the area
- Pinnacle Mountain Fire Tower - located atop Buffalo Mountain that’s 3,520 feet above sea level, you’ll witness breathtaking panoramic views of the area from this 40-foot tower.
- Attend a yearly festival in Unicoi - the annual Wayne Scott Strawberry Festival is a delightful treat.
What are the best mountain towns in Tennessee?
If you’re searching for a peaceful getaway, here are some of the best mountain towns in Tennessee for a weekend trip:
- Pigeon Forge
- Roan Mountain
- Wears Valley
- Bluff City
- Pittman Center
- Johnson City
Here’s an article with more information about the best mountain towns in Tennessee, which are all great places to visit as well as to live.
What are some fun things to do in Tennessee?
There are lots of fun things to do in Tennessee and they include:
- Dollywood Theme Park, Pigeon Forge
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, Gatlinburg
- Grand Ole Opry, Nashville
- Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls, Chattanooga
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg
- Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Chattanooga
- Graceland, Memphis
- Forbidden Caverns, Sevierville
- Market Square, Knoxville
- Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga
Here’s a previous article with a complete guide for some more fun things to do in Tennessee.