Tennessee November 24, 2015
13 Things People ALWAYS Ask When They Know You’re From Tennessee
Well, Tennessee – we know you probably get some super strange questions from time to time (all the time?). We decided to get a bunch of them together, just for a good belly laugh. Because we think they’re annoying too.
13) How do you deal with the southern humidity?
Very, very carefully. It's a rough thing.
12) Tennessee...where is that again?
It's really not that difficult to remember, but somehow people can't get southern US geography right.
11) Have you always talked like that...?
Yes, and we're proud of it. Our culture is the best - bar none.
10) What SEC team do you root for?
Well. Definitely not Alabama. Why is that picture even up THERE!?!
9) Oh, Tennessee. So you're from Nashville?
Tennessee does NOT only equal Nashville. We've got Memphis and Knoxville and Kingston and Chattanooga and Pegram and Spring Hill and Franklin and need we go on?
8) Do you like country music?
Yes. As well as rap, jazz, pop, '80s hair metal...
7) Didn't it flood down there once?
May of 2010 - we've only gotten stronger since.
6) Is it true you guys can't deal with weather?
Unfortunately, yeah. We aren't too great at it. Just check the Nashville snowstorm earlier this year - the writer of this article MAY have slid off the road. Maybe. Yes.
5) My best friend moved to Nashville! Do you know them?
Well. We're going to say no. Because Kingston Springs is not Nashville and we don't know the entire state.
4) Did you grow up on a farm?
Unfortunately, we all weren't the lucky few on farms. Believe it or not, Tennessee suburbs are real.
3) Do you know Taylor Swift?
Here's the thing - one? She's from Pennsylvania. Two? No. Maybe we walked by her in a grocery store once...? Or not.
2) So...do you fly the Confederate flag?
Too soon, buddy. Too. Soon.
1) That's where the Grand Ole Opry is, right?
Yep! We're proud to be carrying on the tradition of country music - the genre that tells real good stories with even better guitar pickin'.
Thoughts? Yes, no, maybe? Let us know the questions YOU get asked in the comments below!