Tennessee October 22, 2015
10 Undeniable Signs That Fall Is Almost Here In Tennessee
We love Tennessee at all times of the year, but it’s during the fall that we’re left completely in awe. From the cotton fields of West Tennessee to the mountains in the east, this is an autumn wonderland that’s sure to leave you breathless.
10) West Tennessee cotton is blooming.
If you take a drive out to Memphis, you're sure to blow past a few stunning cotton fields. It looks like it snowed in the middle of October.
9) Apple cider is everywhere.
In coffee shops, cafes, on brunch menus and grocery store shelves. If you're planning on stocking up, now is the time. You never know when you'll get a middle of March hankering for a sweet apple treat.
8) That morning commute gets REAL chilly.
It's not uncommon to start scraping your car or seeing that huff of breath early in the morning.
7) Your neighborhood starts showing out.
6) Your weekend plans? Are ruled by haunted houses.
The number of haunted houses in Tennessee is crazy. You should plan on visiting one this weekend - if you dare.
5) Everyone is front porch sittin'.
The end of summer means the beginning of fall, obviously, but also the end of a summertime era. You'll see lots of kids and parents with mugs of coffee or cocoa, taking in the gorgeous fall colors while they can.
4) All the pumpkin patches open.
Has your Facebook started exploding with baby photos at the pumpkin patch? Just wait. It will.
3) Football fans (aka, everyone) get real loud.
The season in which mild Tennessee folk become rabid. It's all good, come back in late February if you can't take the heat.
2) Pumpkin baked goods are EVERYWHERE.
From your mama to that coffee shop down the street, you simply can't get away from pumpkin spice.
1) The leaves have officially caught fire.
This photograph tells it all. Nice work, Tennessee. Nice work.
We’re in love. Any other signs you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!