18 Unique Day Trips In Tennessee That Are An Absolute Must-Do
Whenever you are looking for a vacation we are here for you. It could be summer break when the kids are out of school or you just need some time away. Why go far when we have so many amazing and unique
day trips in Tennessee? We’ve found some fun-filled, and we think the day trips, that include everything from history to shopping to dining! Tennessee just can’t help being cool.
18) You'll never go wrong with a visit to
the state capitol. Nashville is located in the middle of the state and you can tour the building and meander the Legislative Plaza.
Tennessee State Capitol, 600 Dr. M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Nashville, TN 37243, USA
17) You'll find Tennessee nightlife going wild on Broadway, a stretch of road in Nashville that's lined with honkytonks and dive bars. As you walk down the street you'll hear a different musician in each venue, singing for their chance at stardom.
Broadway, Nashville, TN, USA
The Country Music Hall of Fame is always a winner for those out-of-town guests or country music fans. Come take a look at Elvis's gold Cadillac and Taylor Swift's first computer - yep. They have it.
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, 222 Rep. John Lewis Way S, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Leiper's Fork is a historical town just outside of Franklin, home to Puckett's Grocery and a slew of native Tennesseans. If you're looking for the sweetened twang of a small town, then jump in the car and head over! Just make sure to mind your please and thank you's.
Leipers Fork, TN 37064, USA
14) Take a spin on the
Harpeth River in a canoe, or rent a kayak! Tennessee is full of rivers and lakes to keep you occupied through the spring and summer.
Harpeth River, Tennessee, USA
13) The downtown
Nashville library is a stunning piece of architectural artistry and a maze of stories. Check out a list of events on their website or simply wander in for an afternoon of rest in the sun-drenched reading room.
Nashville Public Library, 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219, USA
12) Find a diner. The South is nothing if not known for its food, and if you're not feeling the Loveless Cafe? Then take a meandering drive to
Marcy Jo's in Columbia.
Marcy Jo's Mealhouse and Bakery, 4205 US-431, Columbia, TN 38401, USA
The Hermitage is the once-home to President Andrew Jackson, where you can get a glimpse at the grandeur of yesteryear and a solid history lesson. Interesting fact? The exterior was used consistently in the filming of the hit television show, "Nashville."
Hermitage, Nashville, TN, USA
10) You'll need some caffeine to fuel your Tennessee days trips and luckily specialty coffee shops are on the rise. Head over to the nationally acclaimed
Barista Parlor or Crema.
Crema Coffee Roasters, 15 Hermitage Ave, Nashville, TN 37210, USA
9) Take a back road for the most beautiful views of Tennessee at its heart. Doesn't have a street sign? Drive it. Looks windy and twists back up into the hills? Do it. Grab a cup of coffee and some loved ones for a fun and spontaneous day trip with no plans.
8) Market Square in Knoxville is a neat collection of small shops centered around a breezy courtyard. Grab an ice cream cone and wander or find yourself a fantastic meal to eat on one of the many benches.
Market Square, Knoxville, TN 37902, USA
7) Pick up some fresh produce at the local farmers market - the year-round Nashville Market is always a winner, or you can head down to Franklin to get a breath of fresh air.
6) Tennessee is home to the
Battle of Franklin, one of the bloodiest battles in the Civil War. The state is steeped in history and you just may stumble upon a reenactment - if you're lucky.
Battle Of Franklin - Civil War Museum, 1140 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064, USA
5) Walk down Beale Street for the true feel of Memphis and hum that classic Marc Cohn tune as you go.
Beale Street, Beale St, Memphis, TN, USA
Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art is a 55-acre property that's rife with lush foliage and serves as the site for multiple events over the course of the year. Take a look at their event calendar and plan a trip during the spring to catch the flowering gardens!
Cheekwood, 1200 Forrest Park Dr, Nashville, TN 37205, USA
Dollywood is the perfect day trip if you're looking for an amusement park that packs screams and southern hospitality into the same visit.
Dollywood, 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, USA
2) Downtown Franklin is a darling little town that offers a fun string of boutique shops and restaurants perfect for a Sunday afternoon.
Jack Daniel's Distillery may be located in a dry county (sorry, no free samples!) but the tour of the property and gift shop make the distillery a fun destination for adult day trippers.
Jack Daniel's Distillery Visitor Center, 133 Lynchburg Hwy, Lynchburg, TN 37352, USA
These are just some of the best day trips you can take with your friends and family. From a distillery to the heart of Nashville, Tennessee is a vibrant state that keeps you buzzing for more. Which day trip in Tennessee do YOU want to take? Tell us in the comments below!
Wanna keep up with all there is to do in Tennessee? Then check out these
12 road trips around our state.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.