Tennessee January 08, 2019
11 Telltale Signs That You Were Always Meant To Be A Tennessean
If you’ve ever thought of moving to Tennessee, well – you’re not the first. The state has been suffused with newbies and transplants in recent years, filling cities like Nashville and Knoxville almost to the seams. The beautiful state topography and central location are attractive to families from all over and we can’t blame them. If you’re pondering a move to our great state or maybe already made the trek to the south, here are the 11 telltale signs you were always meant to be a Tennessean.
11. You know the words to "Rocky Top" by heart.
It heralds the heart of our great state!
10. You love spending time in the great outdoors.
There's truly no place more beautiful than the heart of the Tennessee south.
9. You always have country music on the radio.
There's nothing more wonderful than the sweet twang of country music on the radio, with the window down and the southern air crisp and fresh.
8. You eat, sleep and breathe college football.
7. You love cities that revolve around music.
We have Memphis and Nashville, so it doesn't get more musical than that!
6. You have no idea how to drive in the snow.
WELL, you can't blame us Tennesseans for that. It doesn't snow often enough for us to get used to it. We're used to mild, if seasonal, weather.
5. You can't get enough hot chicken…
The Nashville-born treat is perfect for folks with a hankering for hot, spicy and crispy goodness.
4. Or barbecue…
Barbecue in Tennessee is also pretty fantastic, and you'll find different quirks and eccentricities with its preparation from Memphis to Knoxville.
3. …and a good biscuit makes every day complete.
If you live in Tennessee, you can be certain that most folks have a secret family biscuit recipe.
2. You wave to folks in the grocery store.
Or at the gas station on the road and when you're out on a walk. That southern hospitality is just ingrained in you!
1. You feel right at home with mountains, valleys and streams.
Tennessee is rife with natural beauty, so if you're a city slicker you probably should check out another place to live. Just sayin'.
If you’re visiting, you should probably take a look at
this pizza place with pies the size of the table. They’re truly incredible!