Tennessee July 12, 2016
11 Destinations Everyone In Tennessee Needs to Visit This Summer
Summer is a magical time in the south. The days are long and the hills are green, summer storms majestic and sharp. We love the fireflies and the free time, and the longer days are absolutely perfect for a day trip. Here are 11 destinations that are sure to keep your summer nice and busy.
11. Take in the Minister's Treehouse.
It's illegal to trespass, but there's nothing against taking photos of the largest treehouse in the world. It's downright cool!
10. Stay the night in a luxury treehouse.
We recommend Camp Leconte - they're top notch when it comes to finding a spot that fulfills your wildest glamping dreams.
9. Visit Watauga Lake.
This beautiful East Tennessee gem is located in Butler, a stunning lake tucked away from the crazy of the city.
8. Catch a summer show in Nashville.
Live on the Green is always a good time, and Musicians Corner is lots of fun, too!
7. Take a walk along the Mississippi in Memphis
It will never look prettier.
6. And take a trip to the Civil Rights Museum while you're at it.
Because being smart about our history is good - fighting for intelligence keeps you growin'.
5. Take in the view at the Tennessee River Gorge.
It's the Grand Canyon of Tennessee, after all.
4. Finally take that tour of the Ryman you've been curious about.
Just because you live in Tennessee doesn't mean you have to miss out on our fun tours! Plus, the Ryman is a historic landmark.
3. Fight your fears at the Bell Witch Cave.
It's eerie, and you may just take a ghost home with you. Or just chills. That too.
2. Take in the majesty of the Lost Sea.
The largest body of underground water in Tennessee is truly a sight to behold.
1. Spend a good chunk of time in the Great Smoky Mountains.
It's our crowning glory, after all.
Plus, check out the eerie story of this
flooded Tennessee ghost town.