Tennessee February 05, 2017
11 Things No Self-Respecting Tennessean Would Ever Do
Tennessee is a state of proud Americans and hard workers, a place held up by country music and mama’s cooking. We’re proud of our homeland, and that means there are a few things we just won’t stand for when it comes to doing right by our state. Are YOU a true Tennessean?
11. We'll never bad mouth country music.
It's the story of our lives, after all.
10. Or the daily grind.
Yeah, we may grab a beer or two. But here in Tennessee? Hard work is good work and we're thankful for it.
9. Give up fried chicken...
8. Or biscuits...
7. Or the world's best meal.
We'll take 'em both together, please!
6. We'll never forget our heritage.
We live in a beautiful place, in a state that encourages individuality and the pursuit of happiness - always.
5. ...Or our involvement in the war between the states.
We aren't called the Volunteer State for nothin' - our men fight, and they fight good and hard for the place they love.
4. We don't raise city kids.
Nashville is as close as it gets, and it's only a handful of folks that live downtown. Welcome to suburbia, kids!
3. We'll never fail to extend our hand in southern hospitality.
Although we will joke about it, from time to time.
2. We'll never be good losers…
It just happens too often, okay?! Okay.
1. Or say a harsh word against our homeland.
This is the home we love, and it will forever be in our hearts.
If you’re looking for adventure in our stunning state, check out our
most CRIMINALLY overlooked small town – it’s downright darling.