Tennessee February 03, 2017
12 Reasons Why People From Tennessee Are Unbelievably Tough
Tennessee is known as one of the most beautiful states in the nation, a solid stone in our country’s foundation that gives heart and soul to the betterment of our homeland. We’re a good strain of folk, a solid group of Americans that feeds on hard work and betterment – and we’re about to show you why.
12. Tennesseans have been known to survive the most difficult of circumstances.
The Sultana was destoryed on the Mississippi on April 27, 1865 and has been known as the worst maritime disaster in the states. The loss of the life was greater than the Titanic. The trainwreck at Dutchman's Curve was also one of the worst train disasters in history, making Tennessee a hotbed for heartache and redemption.
11. We make it through snowstorms and polar vortexes.
We buy ALL the bread and bottled water and milk and settle down for long weekends filled with snowball fights and spinning car tires. It's an annual party, folks.
10. We OWN that church traffic.
And it's no joke. Really. Sometimes it feels like the line to get IN to the church parking lot is longer than the service...
9. Actually, we make it through all traffic.
Making it from Point A to Point B is sometimes the most difficult and terrifying thing - we should probably start working on that...
8. We raise our kids strong and well - from the very beginning.
We raise strong adventurers and leaders, Tennesseans that will grow up and truly make a difference in the world. There's so much power in that.
7. That war against southern bugs is ragin'.
This summer road in Cades Cove may look sweet and unassuming - but we assure you. It's TEEMING with bugs and bugs and ALL the bugs.
6. We hosted the second most battles in the Civil War.
Only Virginia had more battles fought on its soil.
5. Tennessee is the Volunteer State - We work hard to protect our country.
We've given our men and our hearts, our women's hours have been spent building our nation from their home in Tennessee.
4. We're a state made of dreamers.
Known for Music City, we're the kind of state that encourages the dreamer, the kind of person that picks themselves up after rejection and comes back harder, stronger, better than ever.
3. We've known and lost some of the greats.
Elvis, Johnny and June, Patsy...it takes great strength to love hard and lose harder.
2. Actually, we've dealt with a couple of hard losses in recent years…
We still don't want to talk about it.
1. We make it through that summer humidity.
And that ain't no joke.
We’re strong folk with an even better eye in the kitchen – check out these
10 Famous Tennessee Restaurants that are SO worth the wait!