Tennessee December 30, 2016
15 Things People From Tennessee Always Have To Explain To Out-Of-Towners
Here in Tennessee, we have our own way of doin’ things. We’re the southern land of good home cookin’, kind folks and the buckle on the Bible belt. That’s a lot going for us, don’t you think? It’s with such a great state that comes a couple of misunderstandings – and we took care of ’em ALL for you.
15. Nashville isn't just for country music.
We're becoming quite the hub for national business growth.
14. And it's not our only city.
Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga - even smaller spots like Johnson City deserve a bit of time in the light.
13. "Vols" is not a small mammal - duh.
It's the Tennessee Volunteers- and it is SO embarrassing to explain to folks.
12. Jack Daniel's really IS as good as it sounds.
It's one of our proudest exports.
11. And yes - we know someone that makes some dang good moonshine.
It's a great thing, to have friends in creative places.
10. We're holding the door open because we're NICE.
There's no ulterior motive, no other reason.
9. We don't know how to deal with the hipsters, either.
Nashville is the epicenter of the Tennessee hipster movement, just an FYI.
8. Yes - mac 'n cheese is considered a vegetable.
I mean. You can add veggies TO it - we win.
7. And fried chicken a healthy source of protein.
It's fowl, right? Right.
6 . We're not the backwoods stereotype you make us out to be.
And even if we do live in the backwoods, they look like this. What is there to complain about?!
5. Mountain Dew came from Tennessee - you're welcome.
It was originally figured as something to mix moonshine with - who woulda thought?!
4. How to pronounce, "Demonbreun."
This is how we know you're a local - or, close enough to a local. Can you say it right?
3. We're proud of our heritage.
Our state pays homage to the past, to our history as both a state and a country, in spades. There are multiple museums and plantation homes to visit and learn from.
2. Yep - everything DOES shut down on Sunday.
And church traffic is real - really, REALLY real.
1. We're the prettiest state in the union.
And we have the Great Smoky Mountains to prove it!
How many do you agree with? Are you a TRUE Tennessean? Then check out
what we all do before we die…we lead pretty epic lives.