Nashville November 01, 2016
8 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Nashville Do
If you’re living in Nashville, then you probably understand ALL of these things. How many times have you found yourself utterly frustrated that you’re stuck in traffic…? Or scoffing at your friends idea of “hot chicken?” Yeah. We get it.
1. They pretend to not see country music stars at the grocery store...
But then just geek out and giggle and call their mom in the car. As you do when you see Taylor Swift...
2. Complaining about traffic is a given.
But as IF anyone would carpool. No.
3. Get frustrated with the transplants…even though they probably are one.
Let's all be honest here - almost everyone is a transplant nowadays, and we all want to be a local.
4. They're brutally loyal to their favorite hot chicken hang.
Whether it be Prince's or Hattie B's, they're forever fans of their hot chicken spot.
5. Talk about how edgy they are because they live in Madison.
It's all southern suburbia, you guys.
6. If you've been here for awhile, you remember when Germantown was a rough part of town.
Now it has half a million dollar homes and juice bars and freelancers.
7. They find it normal that their 21-year-olds are buying houses.
And why wouldn't they? When your state economy is killer, there's no reason your millennials have to be slackers, right? Right.
8. Why wouldn't you pay $5 for a coffee? It's Barista Parlor.
The local coffee chain does things to our heads.
How many did YOU understand? Let us know your thoughts below, because we’re super curious.