The Sinister Story Behind This Popular Lake Near Nashville Will Give You Chills
Going to the lake is a staple of summer fun for the family. We certainly have some beautiful lakes in Tennessee, but there’s one lake near Nashville that also has some sinister history to it. Center Hill Lake is a little over an hour east of Nashville. Just what makes it so eerie? It’s not what’s on top of that water, but what’s underneath. Explore it… if you dare!
Check out the Haunted Canoe trip trailer below:
Looking for something more mellow and a little less creepy? No worries! Check out this Tennessee Wine Train. Need somewhere to stay while in Tennessee? Be sure to visit VRBO for the awesome offerings there.
More to Explore
Center Hill Lake
- Where is Center Hill Lake in Tennessee?
Center Hill Lake is located in DeKalb County, Tennessee, and is actually a reservoir – and a pretty interesting one, at that! Some interesting facts about Center Hill Lake include:
- It’s a man-made lake created by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- It is 28.47 miles in surface area, and 64 miles long.
- It has 415 miles of shoreline – excellent for camping, fishing, and more. Swim only in designated areas, though, please.
- At its deepest, it is 190 feet down to the bottom.
Learn more about Center Hill Lake and all the beauty it has to offer.
2. What are some other nice lakes in the Nashville area?
Of course, Center Hill Lake isn’t the only lovely lake in the Nashville area. There are plenty more, which is great news for those who love the outdoors. Some of these Nashville-area lakes are ones like:
- Tims Ford Lake – This lake is underrated even by lifelong Nashville residents. Do yourself a favor and check it out!
- Old Hickory Lake – This lake is famous for its excellent fishing and boating opportunities. It’s also got a sandy beach that’s perfect for a day trip.
- Percy Priest Lake – This stunning lake is amazing for watching sunsets.
Learn more about all the best lakes in the Nashville area.
3. What are some amazing lakes to visit in Tennessee?
Not planning on Nashville? No worries – there are tons more lakes in Tennessee all over the state worth your time and attention. Some of our favorite lakes in Tennessee are:
- Douglas Lake – This gorgeous, sparkling lake is located in eastern Tennessee and is outrageously clear.
- Radnor Lake – This one is also near Nashville and has amazing wildlife viewing, making it worth naming here.
- Norris Lake – This could be the clearest lake in the whole state; it’s enormous and spans five different counties!
Learn more about all the best lakes in Tennessee.