Nashville February 16, 2017
11 Things No Self-Respecting Nashvillian Would Ever Do
Nashville is a solid place, a city stuck hard in the south that has been infused with transplants and academics from all over the world. It’s known as a, “go to” spot and is listed as a hot travel locale by quite a few publications because, well. It is. How do you tell the real Nashvillians from the tourists, you say? From the transplants? Well, it’s hard – but we have a definitive list of what makes up a Nashvillian. Ready? Here are 11 things no self-respecting Nashvillian would ever do.
11. Skimp on their bar-b-que.
Nah, we don't play that game. We have so many fantastic bbq joints at our fingertips that you won't find us pitching up at some half-hearted meat joint.
10. Or their hot chicken, for that matter.
Prince's will always be king - but yes, we'll take you to Hattie B's if you're visiting. We have to introduce you somehow!
9. Hold their OWN bachelorette party on Broadway.
We don't do this. We'll go to yours, but our parties are NOT on Broadway...
8. Scream over Taylor Swift in the supermarket.
Or any other superstar, for that matter. Nashville understands they deserve privacy like everyone else - not a thing, guys.
7. Time the Green Hills traffic wrong.
We will never time this wrong because IT'S TERRIBLE. If we're sitting in it, we prepared.
6. Freak out over the rental prices in the city.
You'd think we're all trying to live in McMansions...or LA. This is Nashville, guys!
5. Drink coffee at Starbucks.
We have too many great, local coffee shops to head to the 'Bux. Unless we're in a hurry and we REALLY miss their mochas...
4. Think the weather is perfect.
Most of the time we have NO idea what's going on. No idea.
3. Go to a Titans game over a trip to the Preds.
The Preds > Titans. Any questions?
2. No Nashvillian is waiting outside at the Pancake Pantry - sorry.
Yes, yes we'll take you, Mom - but only because you're our mom. This line is heinous and we know so many other spots for breakfast...
1. They also think their skyline is the best skyline - just look at it!
Because it is. You'll always be home to a Nashvillian, Music City. There's just something about you.
How many describe YOU? You should also explore these
7 places most Nashvillians don’t know are haunted…it’s an adventure!