Nashville May 22, 2017
10 Things Tourists Will Never Understand About Nashville
Tourists really do love Nashville, and for good reason. We’re a neat place with a whole lot of personality and character. There are a few things, however, that no amount of online guides (ha) or in-person conversations will be able to clear up completely. Do you agree with the following ten…? Leave your own thoughts below!
10. We really have no preference between hot and fried chicken.
They're both amazing, though many folks think we stick with hot chicken because we started the whole thing.
9. Yes, we'll say hi to you in the grocery store line.
We're nice people, we're not being strange. Welcome to the south!
8. Our little ones (and our spouses!) will wear orange 'til the cows come home.
It's every Tennesseans favorite color. Ever TRUE Tennessean, that is.
7. It's only the trend millennials and transplants that frequent those expensive coffee shops.
We're fine with Folgers or a quick trip to Starbucks. Coffee is coffee is coffee, and caffeine is all the same.
6. We may be Music City, but OH MAN we'll complain about that traffic.
Thousands of people have made Nashville their new home, and that means our roads have become a bit snarled. We'll still smile and wave at you though!
5. Speaking of our city growth: it's hard to find a TRUE local.
Speaking from experience, it's like finding a unicorn. I? Will never be lucky enough. But maybe YOU are!
4. Yeah, we're not yelling after T. Swift.
It's pretty normal to see celebrities on the street, and they actually come here to be left alone. Sooooo. Stop the screaming, okay?
3. Coke is all encompassing.
As in, what kind of coke? Sprite, Dr. Pepper, diet coke? It all works.
2. Our men will hold the door open for you - whether you like it or not.
It's called good old-fashioned manners, and just lovin' on people.
1. We have zero understanding of our weather. ZERO.
Mainly because our weather is fickle and fake. We really can't count on it at all…which is quite a shame.
Continue the fun with these
15 Things You Must Do Underneath The Summer Sun In Tennessee.