Nashville December 20, 2016
12 Reasons You Need To Be In Nashville On New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve is one of the most wonderful holidays of the year. It’s a time of rejuvenation, starting over, and beginning again. There’s something so beautiful about the start of something new. If you’re here in Tennessee, we have a solid fifteen reasons why you should begin the new year in Music City. Nashville becomes quite the party, you know.
12. There are a lot of folks that show up, and we're REAL excited about the confetti.
There's an absolute ton and it's all thrown at midnight.
11. Our fireworks show is killer.
As a matter of fact, folks talk about it WAY into the near year.
10. If you're worried about finding your way around, you can download our NYE app.
It's called the Nashville New Year's Eve app - so creative. So helpful.
9. There are parties ALL across town. Simply find your favorite Nashville eatery.
This shot here is from the Flying Saucer near Union Station.
10. Free hot cocoa!
McDonalds will be handing out free hot chocolate and mocha samples on 6th street.
15. Keith Urban is headlining our main concert downtown.
AKA - a free Keith Urban concert. WHAT?!
9. Since we're in the south, the weather won't be insanely cold.
No need for those full-body down jackets, you lucky folks.
8. Make sure to share on social media, so the whole town knows you're here!
The hashtag is: #NashvilleNYE, and you may even end up on the big screens.
7. Three words: Epic. Free. Party.
Bring every single one of your friends, because this place really rocks - and it's all for nothin.'
6. Too late to drive? Uber it!
If you use the code, NASHNYE you can get your first ride free - up to $20.
5. Did you know that 40% of the US population lives within 600 miles of Music City?
You pretty much have no reason not to make it.
4. A 15-foot tall red music note is dropped at midnight.
WAY better than a NYC ball, if you ask us. We're true to thematic form.
3. There's a hot chicken eating competition!
Are you up for the challenge?
2. Here in Tennessee we encourage safe driving, and even our police department helps out.
The Davidson County Sheriff's Office offers a Sober Ride service, helping those that may feel unable to drive home get back safely.
1. You'll have the chance to enjoy New Year's at one of the top national events of the year.
But really - we're right behind New York when it comes to fun in the chilly December dark. Begin your new year someplace lovely, won't you?
Try out these amazing Tennessee restaurants if you’re looking to explore with your taste buds waaaaay into 2017.