Nashville November 27, 2017
11 Foods That Every Nashvillian Craves When They Leave Nashville
If you’re from Nashville, then you’ve most likely spent your life spoiled with some of the best food in existence. This, of course, makes it extremely difficult to leave the city and imbibe in other places – um, we have some of the best southern fare in the WORLD out here in Music City. Why leave?! Well, we understand that every so often you
may have to leave our great city, so here are a few dishes that will keep you dreaming sweet dreams of home.
11. Edley's bbq sandwiches are really enjoyable.
But really. Edley's may be a chain, but they do what they do quite well and we'll always reserve a small part in our heart for their juicy, brilliant bbq.
10. City House serves up a pizza made with pork belly WITH an egg on it.
Because doesn't everything get better if you put an egg on it…?
9. Sticky buns from Marcy Jo's will have you ready to hop on a plane back to Music City.
This family-owned eatery is located about an hour outside of Nashville, but their sticky buns really take the cake across the city.
8. Classic biscuits don't get better than from the Loveless Café.
The historic and age-old restaurant keeps their biscuit recipes under lock and key, and for good reason. Try one with a smear of butter and homemade jam. Yum!
7. Grilled cheese from the Grilled Cheeserie is always a good idea.
The food truck - turned local eatery, has an expansive menu of cheesy goodness, and we'd recommend any one of them with a side of tater tots.
6. Bonuts from Biscuit Love, anyone?
Althogh Biscuit Love has recently been overrun with a deluge of tourists (bleh), their bonuts (donuts made from biscuit dough!) are still perfectly sweet and great for lazy brunches.
5. No summer is complete without an ice cream cone from Bobbie's Dairy Dip.
Located in West Nashville and with a location downtown, their swirly cones dipped in chocolate or peanut butter are seriously everything you've ever dreamed of.
4. Fried chicken from Monell's is downright dreamy.
We also love the fact that all meals are served family style, so you leave with a new friend after every wildly filling and lovely meal.
3. The garlic knots from Five Points are SO GOOD.
Really, they rival their wildly delicious pizza.
2. There's nothing like a burger from ML Rose.
Sure, Burger Republic and Burger Up are pretty amazing, but sitting with your buddies at the ML Rose bar on 8th is a feeling you can't replicate. It's not just about the burger - it's the atmosphere.
1. The pulled pork taco from Mas Tacos.
This sleeper hit of a restaurant opened up a few years ago, and boasts a line consistently throughout the day. Try the cactus chorizo taco on Thursdays, if you can!
If you’re looking to explore the state, check out
Tennessee’s Music Highway!