Nashville November 19, 2016
12 Legitimately Fun Things You Can Do In Nashville Without Spending A Dime
Nashville is a neat city to explore, but goodness – traveling anywhere can be real hard on the pocketbook. You can still travel on a dime, though, and we want to help you do it. We’ve found twelve fun, exciting things that will keep you and your loved ones both busy and happy during your trip to Music City. Plus? Your wallet won’t be screaming by the end of it.
12. Find a hidden treasure at the Nashville Flea Market.
This once a month special is extremely fun for those of you who like searching for a sweet accent to your home. Plus, quite a few vendors from around the state come to sell their wares.
11. Catch a late-night show at The Basement.
You never know if the next great star will pitch up to play a show.
10. Circle the hiking loop at Radnor Lake.
It's only a couple of miles, but the bit of time you have to yourself is definitely worth it.
9. Wander the Nashville Farmer's Market.
And maybe, just maybe, scrape the bottom of your purse for a few coins...? The produce here is killer.
8. Get in touch with your inner history nerd at the Tennessee State Museum.
It's free, and your kids will learn ALL about our great Volunteer State.
7. Check out the skyline from Love Circle.
The local lovers lane is a sweet spot for a night out with a picnic blanket and hot cocoa, but you can also get a solid view of the city.
6. Wait in line for a show at the Bluebird.
It's iconic for a reason. And if you're able to wait in line for a bit, admission is free.
5. Enjoy a lazy stroll down 12th Avenue South.
Walking through Imogene + Willie's is fun, and you can even take a gander at Reese Witherspoon's flagship store, Draper James.
4. Or Shelby Bottoms Greenway.
The Cumberland River has never looked so good. You won't believe you're just minutes front downtown.
3. Take a walk along the Cumberland at Riverfront Park.
This is a popular place for folks who work downtown and need a moment away from their computer screens. Gorgeous, right?!
2. Visit the world's LARGEST to-scale replica of the Parthenon.
There's also a huge statue of Athena inside, which only heralds the validity of our title as, "The Athens of the South."
1. People watch on Broadway - but just once. That's all you need.
Once you go down there, you'll understand why. Unless you like drunk tourists.
You now know our fun, cheap things to do – but did you know Nashville is known for
some weird stuff, as well? Take a look, we promise you’ll laugh!