Tennessee May 26, 2017
The 11 Mistakes Every Tennessean Has Made At Least Once
Tennessee may seem like heaven on earth, but the folks that live here aren’t all perfect. Just to clarify, though: we’re not a stereotype or a bunch of country music stars either. We’re normal people with normal jobs who just so happen to live in one of the most beautiful places in the nation. And sometimes we make mistakes, too – here are a few of them. Can you relate?
11. Thinking Dollywood is "just for the kids."
Naw, man - it's for everyone.
10. Getting inordinately annoyed with people who call Nashville the birthplace of country music.
It's Bristol, everyone. We're setting the record straight right now.
9. Forgetting that Elvis is from Mississippi….
We're his adoptive home, his home of choice, so sometimes it's just plain HARD to remember.
8. Have you tried to go to Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday?
WHY do we always want it on a Sunday?! Seriously, that's when the cravings strike…
7. OR have you tried to buy wine on Sunday?
It's illegal to buy wine on a Sunday, guys. Don't you know you need to stock up earlier in the week?
6. Maybe you attempted to visit Hobby Lobby on a Sunday.
Your favorite hobbies will just have to wait 'til Monday, guys.
5. Did you try to do ANYTHING on Sunday?
Most stores are closed throughout the state so you'll want to rest on the day of rest and hang out with that sweet family of yours.
5. How many of y'all have tried to drive in the snow?
It's a BAD plan down here in the south, yet somehow we just like testing the waters.
4. Or trusted that Tennessee's weather was going to cooperate?
Our weather has a sense of humor, and you never catch it the same way twice. We wish that was a joke.
2. Paying full price to see a show.
Music is coming out of the walls out here, so true locals know how to get into a show for free. Or if you're supporting a friend, just cough up the ticket price so they can get that dang record deal already.
1. You've probably forgotten to take advantage of our beautiful countryside during the warmer months.
Football and baseball and hockey are fun, but y'all gotta get out there and enjoy the great outdoors. There are many of us who do, but for those of you who love the inside of your living room, you need to plan a trip to the east/west/south - ANYWHERE in Tennessee. You're so lucky to be here.
Take a trip back in time with
This Delightful General Store In Tennessee That Will Have You Longing For The Past.