Tennessee December 21, 2017
10 Things You Quickly Realize When You Go Home To Tennessee For The Holidays
Oh, Tennessee. You strange little space. We love you for your heart and your mountains and your valleys and your patriotism – and mainly because you’re completely and totally ours. Is there anything better than crossing state lines and feeling like you’re simply
home? We can’t imagine a better feeling than coming back to the place that built our foundation and made us precisely who we are. Whether you’re loving Tennessee from afar this year or experiencing a sweet Christmas in the Volunteer State, this just might hit the spot…
10. You remember that the whole state decorates for Christmas.
Everyone is excited for the chill of the holiday season, and Tennessee takes its love for festivities to the next level.
9. You hear talk that it may snow...but probably not...but maybe....
We're always holding out hope for a white Christmas, and it only adds to the excitement and potential of the the season.
8. Everyone is losing their minds over the lights at the Opryland Hotel...
...and for good reason. This epic light display is truly next level.
7. You're back to that age old question: classic ham for dinner or a bit of southern sass?
Fried chicken is perfect for every meal, period. So in Tennessee the holiday dinner question tends to be a bit more thought out than usual.
6. Folks are so kind during Christmas shopping.
No matter how crazy those department stores get, you're still going to hear a lot of kindness in our Tennessee shops and stores. We're just that kind.
5. Get ready to meet all the new little additions to your family.
Those little cutie pies will be all over the place, making the holidays magical again.
4. The crazy ones will be here too.
But is it really family without the weirdos? We need 'em to make those sweet and kooky memories.
3. Tennessee celebrates best with holiday movies, so catch one while you're home!
Historic theaters across the state play Christmas movies like it's their job (well...it kind of is) in December, and it's a fabulous addition to any holiday agenda.
2. If you have the chance to join in on the Gatlinburg holiday celebration...
...Then 100% do it. The fun and cheer are truly addicting.
1. Enjoy the beauty of winter in our great state.
There's nothing better than a chilly Tennessee scene, and we tend to believe this gorgeous space is well worth the fanfare. Have a beautiful holiday, friends.
Continue exploring your great home state with the
17 Best Places to Visit in Tennessee – we have a feeling 2018 is going to be all sorts of beautiful.