This 50-Mile Train Ride Is The Most Relaxing Way To Enjoy Tennessee Scenery
Have you ever been on a train ride? Nowadays the train seems to be going the way of the streetcar, neat when you can ride one but nothing more than a fun experience. It’s hard to find a train, first off, but here in the south, our deep history with the railroad offers up all sorts of local options. We do have plenty of train rides in Tennessee, but our favorite? Well, that’s hard to choose…but come autumn time, you can’t beat a Hiwassee Loop train ride.
Not quite convinced? This might do it:
Pretty incredible, wouldn’t you say? I know with lots of train rides in Tennessee it can be hard to choose but we think taking the Hiwassee River scenic railway a great choice. For any more information on this amazing train ride or other great train rides in Tennessee please visit the Tennessee Valley Rail Road website. If you’re looking for a bit more fun in the great outdoors, this autumnal hike is pretty incredible.
More to Explore
Train Rides Near Me In Tennessee
What are some other great train rides in Tennessee?
We here in the south have a fascinating history of trains. So historic train rides are a great way to look back at the stories that were told long ago during which the locomotive was king.
- If you have a long time to spend on a relaxing trip on the tracks then this train ride out of Nashville will be perfect for you. The ride will last most of the day but will take you to some of the prettiest places our wonderful state has to offer.
- Or check out this train ride in the Nashville area for a quicker excursion, but they also have long train rides too. Also as mentioned before make sure to check out the Tennessee Valley Rail Road for tons of fun train rides.
What are some other things to do near Delano?
There are lots of fun things to do near Delano after your train ride, such as:
- The Savannah Oaks Winery is right there.
- If you want to get back into nature then this beautiful town has you covered. Spend the day in Hiwassee Ocoee Scenic River. Take to the waters for some white water rafting, hike the beautiful trails, or sleep under the stars all in this amazing park.
- Also, available to visit is the Gee Creek Wilderness area offering more hiking trails and opportunities to get outdoors.
- Chattanooga is only about an hour drive from Delano and that city is filled with awesome things to do. We recommend taking a trip to Lookout Mountain where, on a clear day, you can see into seven different states at once.