Tennessee January 30, 2018
18 Enchanting Sunsets That Show Off Tennessee In A Whole New Light
Tennessee is known for its mountains and valleys, for its stunning Cumberland Plateau and the blue rivers that criss-cross the state. Still, sometimes you have to look towards the sky for a bit of beauty. It’s an expansive beauty, one that paints the world all colors of yellow, purple, pink and orange from one side of the world to the next.
18. A quiet, magical moment at Grassy Bald.
Located on Roan Mountain, you can only see this view on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
17. The Foothills Parkway ends the day in all shades of blue.
We love the hazy clouds and the slight tinge of pink that sends the world to bed.
16. Doesn't it look like the sky is on fire?
Taken at Buck Bald Mountain, this gorgeous shot was taken at the Tennessee-North Carolina border.
15. It's almost nighttime in the Great Smoky Mountains.
The evening is heralded by a fiery sunset.
14. Sometimes a diffused sunset is the prettiest one of all.
It doesn't need to be wicked vibrant for a sunset to shake us to our core.
13. A sweet, light-infused end of the day at Radnor Lake.
We love seeing the sky reflected across the water - gorgeous.
12. What a sun flare!
Pure, beautiful, magic.
11. Is the sky on fire...?
To be honest, we wouldn't complain.
10. And in that moment, the world went purple.
Again - not complaining at all.
9. A bit of hazy yellow at Mt. Cammerer.
Located in the Great Smoky Mountains, you can experience quite the view high above the foothills.
8. A bleeding sunset in Memphis.
There's something about a purple sunset that makes us all sorts of happy.
7. A drive-by sunset.
The kind of view you get just driving around our great state.
6. A rainbow sherbet sunset.
It's rare that you get such a lighthearted sunset, but we love it.
5. Early dusk at Clingman's Dome.
There's still something so magnificent about this view.
4. We love this overcast sunset.
It doesn't have to be clean and clear for a sunset to shine.
3. A quiet sunset reflection at Pooles Knob.
We love the pastel colors!
2. Can you catch the silhouette of the heron?
A moment in Wilson, Tennessee.
1. The sun flare from Mt. Cammerer is a sight to see.
The only thing missing is us. Being there. To take this shot.
What a stunning handful of sunset shots – just plain beautiful. If you have some of your own photos, please make sure to leave them in the comments! We’d love to see your beautiful sunsets from all over the state.
You can continue to experience our great state with a meal at
this delicious bbq restaurant – so good!