Tennessee August 20, 2017
17 Incredibly Dumb Ways To Die In Tennessee
If you live in Tennessee, then you know that each of these seventeen strange things are more than capable of causing a bit of a rift in normal life. Or…it may just end it. Who knows?! It’s only in Tennessee that you’ll find yourself wandering the mountains to the east, the cliffs to the south and the lonely farmland to the west. Best be careful now, dear ones – it can get a bit dangerous out there.
17. Overdosing on hipster coffee in Nashville.
That stuff can be STRONG - and who knows where it comes from?!
16. An unfortunate honkytonk accident on Broadway.
What happens downtown stays downtown, especially if it occurs on Honkytonk Highway.
15. A heart attack from the heat of hot chicken.
Or you could lose a tongue. Either way.
14. Getting lost in the Great Smoky Mountains.
There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails to the east of the state, but you better make sure you have a solid sense of direction.
13. Or simply keeling over from the beauty of it all.
We're a beautiful state - what can we say?
12. Is alcohol poisoning too real?
In a state that loves Jack Daniel's, you can't be too careful.
11. Death by the Bell Witch would be a strange way to go…
We'd try to sidestep that curse if we were you.
10. Losing your mind in traffic.
Traffic has increased exponentially over the years, and it's become an epidemic of sorts.
9. Don't lose yourself in a selfie - especially over the Tennessee Gorge.
That would be a bit far to fall.
8. Wearing an Alabama shirt is a deadly game.
It's one of the quickest ways to die in Tennessee…
7. Heat stroke in the summertime is a real danger.
August in Tennessee is the surest way to a quick grave, especially this year. We just can't get over the humidity you can cut with a knife.
6. Don't forget a map when you go spelunking!
Ol' Rocky Top has a huge mass of underground caves beneath the surface, and you don't want to lose your way.
5. Over-exhaustion from the Barkley Marathon would do you in.
Known as the hardest marathon in the US, this Tennessee test of endurance is pretty insane.
4. Die hunting whales from your truck.
It's illegal here though, just so you know. There's a real law. Prohibiting hunting whales. From your car.
3. Overeating Memphis BBQ.
This is a toughie, but mainly because - who WOULDN'T want to go that way?!
2. Don't go crazy on all that country music…
The twang may make you feel a bit quesy, but no worries - there are all sorts of masterful music pieces recorded in both Nashville and Memphis.
1. Be careful during the eclipse…
It will take place the afternoon of August 21st, and you'll want to be careful. There's actually a real danger to driving around in the dark. Stay on your toes and off your phone!
This Nashville dessert is a DREAM. Have you tried it?!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.